Spare money for new shiny shiny!

Well, as im trying to go for a higher end build, I went with the xm719 rim brake rims.

Now to start tucking the pennies away for the final wheel build :cool:

tintin40":3r7friez said:
I wouldn't buy Mavic rims not at least the 717 XC as all 3 of them have a rattle due to a piece of metal in side the rim coming loose and moving about. :twisted: :twisted:

Sunn Ringle much better IMO
Sun Ringle's modern stuff is no way as good as it used to be

Never had any rattles from any of the XC717's I've owned, guess you're cursed, or maybe I'm lucky.

Besides would you really notice a rattle in your rim over the rest of the bike's noises (chainslap/freehub clicking/gear changes/whirring chain...) as you ride down a trail?

Not down a trail but you certainly notice it when setting up.

I have had a couple rims like this, serviced hubs to get rid of the noise. Didnt know what it was up until a year or 2 ago.

I've had 2 sets of DT Swiss rims - no problems at all. In fact my 26" DT Swiss rims were so good I opted for 29" DT Swiss rims for my 29er build. ;) All down to personal opinion really.

Whatleymeister":ffzqht8c said:
Are there better places to buy rims from other than CRC?

check out Super Star components - they sell rims, but I suspect most are disc brake.

02gf74":1rpahdxs said:
Whatleymeister":1rpahdxs said:
Are there better places to buy rims from other than CRC?

check out Super Star components - they sell rims, but I suspect most are disc brake.
They can get rim brake rims too, I did ask them a couple of months ago. Not sure which ones I asked about, but they could get them

Superstar's own rims are Alex rims IIRC, or the ones I've had pass through my grubby mitts were

Back