1998 stumpjumper M2 Pro

I'd be interested in the forks if you do decide to go for some spring.
I could even do you a swap for my seized manitous from my '97 M2 :LOL:

Nice to see this back in use though. Seems criminal how little these frames go for these days. They are great frames. I can still remember the day I picked mine up from the bike shop and the first trip out on the local trails. The speed, the directness, the power transmission. :D

firedfromthecircus":1cv1hz1u said:
I'd be interested in the forks if you do decide to go for some spring.
I could even do you a swap for my seized manitous from my '97 M2 :LOL:

Nice to see this back in use though. Seems criminal how little these frames go for these days. They are great frames. I can still remember the day I picked mine up from the bike shop and the first trip out on the local trails. The speed, the directness, the power transmission. :D
Cheers mate. Really impressed with it so far, light as a feather and instant power when you want it, very direct.
Have added the madison flux and new wheels, more photos here:

c47c3e23-eeac-49ea-8661-0013e8966f8d.jpg

48179d86-2758-476e-864e-e829ba01d7a1.jpg

4243165e-3a18-4073-9dd2-f8b83517b6d5.jpg

I always said it was going to be a slow build but hope you agree it is getting better, the wheels looks really nice in the flesh (dark grey lx hubs) and the flux saddle is a masssive improvement in terms of looks and feel.
I need a nicer bar, would like some silver ones to match the seatpost and stem. Drivetrain bits are getting there so will be putting gears on it in the not too distant future.

Noone should be following this thread particularly - its taken an age and I'm still working on it. Nothing fancy as a build just the kit that I would have bought BITD, solid bits and pieces that I like.

I love bombers and got these as a present so they're going on
E103FD2D-orig.jpg

Found some much nicer bars than the amoeba ones, matching silver makes it a lot nicer. Brand new race face deus xc
CA5EA597-orig.jpg

and with XT Vees, Avid speed dial levers, plus Deore LX 9 speed kit. Need a front mech but keep forgetting what size I need! Getting married in a fortnight but hoping to have it finally sorted soon after ready for the summer. Should be a great bike (for the riding I do) when done
D2522AD3-orig.jpg

Could well be..did you sell it on here? Got it from paulb.
How'd it handle with those longer forks? My z4s have 80mm but I would go to 100mm.

Really looking forward to a 'proper' build and giving it a good thrashing.

Yeah, I think I did sell it to paulb, I remember the rear end being very stiff and the 100mm forks are perfect, I don't know how your photo's make the frame look red though.
sort126.jpg

getin":3tfa6dvq said:
Yeah, I think I did sell it to paulb, I remember the rear end being very stiff and the 100mm forks are perfect, I don't know how your photo's make the frame look red though
My phone makes it look red rather than orange! Strange trick. Your build looks tidy. I take it you used an A2Z adapter? I'm going v brake but may put a more modern fork and discs on in the future. I rode it a bit singlespeed and couldn't get over how stiff and direct the back was.

Well, finally have it geared and approaching how I would like it.

This is how it looked BITD
specm2.jpg

And this is how it looks now (yes the forks need a damn good scrub)

21BD9D03-orig.jpg

Some NOS L&M chainrings and obligatory son of strongarm cranks

4C4316E3-orig.jpg

Nice Ritchey stem and new Race Face XC riser

B6A6D5C0-orig.jpg

Afore-mentioned grubby forks :LOL:

ACF3CACA-orig.jpg

Plans? Sorting a QR as the 34.9mm I have bought doesn't quite fit. Think I need to lightly sand off the top of the seattube. Fairly happy with the mostly XT/LX split. Some new pedals will probably make their way onto it.

Can't wait to start using it all the time and at the next retro meet!

The bikes looking much better now, more stock, some more specialized components would help like tyres.

Back