1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X

That is very cool indeed :)

Thanks for sharing the picture and the story. I definitely want mine to be a rider once its finished...

Mini update on the DB.

Managed to get hold of the following NOS parts but waiting for them to come from the US. Once they arrive I'll post up some pics.

Parts so far:
M900 XTR cranks
M737 SPD's
LX M565 cantilevers
DX Thumbshifter
Flite Saddle
M system XTR brake pads
Campag Thorr rim (only one though!) :(

Also got some VGC Pace RC35 AB forks (from Antstark), a silver Answer Hyperlite handlebar and I've decided to go for the Chris Kind Sotto Voco Gripnut headset in the end. :)

I've also got a set of NOS Dart and Smoke tyres or a set of Timbuk II's but I think I'll wait until its finished before deciding what to go with.

Once everything arrives I'll get some pictures up...

Sorry also forgot that I have a NIB Campag Record O.R front mech tucked away and a previously bought XTR seatpost.

With the seatpost, the one I have is 26.8 but I think the DB takes 27.2 seatposts. Can somebody point me in the right direction of a decent shim to use and the correct size as I can't work it out... :?

Giom6":1eay5li1 said:
Sorry also forgot that I have a NIB Campag Record O.R front mech tucked away and a previously bought XTR seatpost.

With the seatpost, the one I have is 26.8 but I think the DB takes 27.2 seatposts. Can somebody point me in the right direction of a decent shim to use and the correct size as I can't work it out... :?

Sounds like its coming on nicely!

Shimming 26.8 to 27.2 is hard - it'll be a bodge. You might be better off trying to find a swap (they are both popular sizes).

Yeah, reading on some other forums it seems some people just cut up fizzy drinks cans :?

I've tried in the wanted section but it looks like 27.2 black XTR seatposts are pretty rare. I might eventually look for a Syncros instead...

Giom6":1kwar1sz said:
Yeah, reading on some other forums it seems some people just cut up fizzy drinks cans :?

I've tried in the wanted section but it looks like 27.2 black XTR seatposts are pretty rare. I might eventually look for a Syncros instead...

I might have a spare Nos syncros in 27.2, let me check for you.

Just thought I would have a quick update. No movement on the frame at the moment as I just don't have the time to do anything yet. I have been collection some parts so I thought it would be nice to share them with you guys. sorry about the quality as I took them on my phone!

Enjoy! :)

Pace RC35 AB's. Needs a new decal on the right leg but overall very happy with these

Chris King Headset

Syncros seat post

Flite saddle

Cranks up next. Some XTR lovelyness

Original M737 SPD's

Campagnolo Record OR front mech

Back