Whinlatter MTB Challenge 2012 - 25th March

30 miles in 2hrs 15mins is good going. Think my time for 17 miles at Whinlatter last year was 2hrs 4mins, which got me across the line 6th overall.

There's 93 in for the half-enduro and 499 in for the full enduro this year. It'll be busy!

Of the 93 in the 1/2, 39 are in the men's category (19-39yr old) incl myself.

Taking my Epic in to my LBS on Saturday to give it a tweak in my lunch break. Hopefully not much to do as it's been doing well over the last few rides.

hehe, I wish I did 30 mile in 2:15, that was lap #2, just under 4 hours for almost 30mile/2 laps of Llandegla black for me.

I'm reckoning under/almost 4 hours for whinlatter also, with more traffic plus the inevitable first lap trying to hard and REALLY suffering on lap #2 no matter how much I tell myself to pace myself.

However knocked 30mins off my total to/from work commute today, 45 mile round trip in 3 hours on my 531C 1990 10speed Tourer - my TRUE retrobike (although just fitted a modern saddle) not an easy 45 mile either 4500ft of climbing!
Way home GPS tracker - (with 500ft climbing more than the way in) http://www.sportstracklive.com/track/de ... tod/538275

Attachments

• Tourer.JPG
    Tourer.JPG
    408.2 KB · Views: 1,179
Have a good one today Kev, hope luck is more on your side than last year. If you spot me, give me a shout. I'll be on my Epic.

Job done! What a day for it, definitely a warm one!

I finished 7th overall, not sure on my place in my category yet. Knocked around 25 mins off my time last year.

Bike performed well. Only gripe was that I was running too much pressure in my tyres, and they were washing out on the corners. Lesson learnt for next time.

Top work! 7th is good :) Mega congrats!

I was 172nd finisher, so that's top 1/3rd for the Full Enduro. 3:13 .. and hour down on the winner!

What was your time?

Well done. Your time sounds good. Mine was 1hr 39mins for 17 miles. Definitely felt a lot better than last year, but still know I'd have struggled adding another 14 miles on the end! I was 9 mins off first, but it was nine mins I couldn't have made up.

I'm in for the full distance next year I recon.

What a day for it though, lovely weather and mainly dusty trails.

Results are on the WMBC site now. I was 5th in the Men's.

The winners time for the 30 miler was 20 mines slower than my 17 mile time!

Back