Rooty...
dscf3008s.jpg

Different lines...
dscf3009d.jpg

And we barely...
dscf3010d.jpg

Scratched the surface...
dscf3011v.jpg

Simply a brilliant day. So glad we pestered Rob into coming, since he could still mind where he was going even though the last time he'd been up here there were still highwayman afoot.

Singletrack leading off here, there and everywhere, there's so much that needs following. You could spend days up there, just riding to get lost. This needs to be on the calendar for a proper organised ride, it will be worth the trip.

Didn't start well though - no shows from mikee and Rob, but Keith was insistent with the texts, and wouldn't take no as an answer from Rob. While waiting, we popped out for a quick loop of the clink - within 5 minutes, my chain snapped and then 10 minutes later Keith's did the same. How we laughed - luckily Keith had a bag of Shimano pins.

Back to the car park to pick up cheery 'morning person' Rob and out on to the trails proper, with Rob leading the way. Rob barely put a wheel wrong with the guiding, and following our noses worked out pretty well too.

I will be back. Again, and again. Seriously, if you like forest singletrack, it's worth the effort. It's a gem.

Couldn't fault the conditions, dry & soft underfoot, "ALL" fallen trees cleared, mixed riding, good company "KIN BRAW" :D

clockworkgazz":2gc211bb said:
looks great and the trails do look funtastic- great day for it to- what did you ride ZZ?
Took the Mary, Gazz - it was ideal. Time to fit the summer tyres though.

did you do the nice swoopy one off the fireroad that kicks you out at the north shore ? , shed should know where it is

there is a ton of stuff up there , even in the klink woods there's a days riding

glad you's enjoyed it ,sad i missed it ,hope to be fit for next weekend
but will deffo be out the one after (7th )

looks great :shock:

yir right about tyres, the dry conditions have made for some fine riding.

just re-read that , shed should know where to go , ive dragged him round
there a bit recently

@rob
you been sitting on your arse a lot recently dad?

Northshore - Maybe, although i think we took another route down and ended up pushing up it? It felt like it all just flowed...

Can't blame keith fir no minding where to go either... too busy enjoying the riding, I know what that's like!

Back