Thetford aftermath thread

Have to say I had a brilliant day. Good to finally meet a few people who've simply been usernames up until now. Big shout out to everyone I had a chance to chat to on my first meet, you made it all really welcoming.

Riding was nice and flat so it was a great little blast round the woods. The Buckshaver held up with only some minor brake tweaking through the day.

Some awesome bikes out there too - the Roberts, Ibis, Original Orange O, Fat SAB and Johns Klein took my top spots. Good work guys.

See you at the next one... May bring out the Merlin ;)

Just got back from doing part II of the weekends riding. Thoroughly knackered. A few pics for now.

Attachments

• SDC12251-w1024-h768.jpg
    SDC12251-w1024-h768.jpg
    215.2 KB · Views: 1,486
  • SDC12253-w1024-h768.jpg
    SDC12253-w1024-h768.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 1,484
  • SDC12254-w1024-h768.jpg
    SDC12254-w1024-h768.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 1,484
  • SDC12255-w1024-h768.jpg
    SDC12255-w1024-h768.jpg
    129.2 KB · Views: 1,484
Great day
Really enjoyed it like riding a big bmx track all day weel chuffed at getting bike of the ride thanks to everyone esp dave for the lift lgf for the prize
Sorry again about lack of beer
Cheers
Spence
+bounus shopper!!!!!

As has been said, a good day indeed. Good to see some old faces again and lots of new ones for me - was a time when I new the birth name and alter-ego of everyone at a retro meet.

Highlights of the day for me were seeing Dan (the guide) wipe out his front in the singletrack for no reason at all (maybe he was avoiding an adder?) and Cannondale Kine attempt at charming the rather attractive young lady in black "just follow me into the deep dark wood" :shock:

Good times indeed. See you all at Leith Hill - I may even ride a retro Yeti then!

Had a fantastic day out (again!!) big thank you to the organisers and guides and the weather could really not of been better.

Great to see the usual faces and meet some new ones and by far the best surprise was the company of Spencer for the journey there and back ...What a great guy (not sure about the shopping bike buy :shock: )

Come on round three lets be having you!! :cool:

Great day guys.

Stonking single track, really enjoyed myself. I thought last year was good, but the combination of weather, trails, and company made this ride even better.

My wife had a great time as well. This was her second Retrobike national ride and she is bemoaning the fact that we couldn't get to the Lakes, and really looking forward to riding on our local trails in the Surrey Hills with everyone in May.

It also made my purchase of yet another Fat today slightly easier :oops:

Thanks too all for coming it was great to meet people and put real names and faces to user names iv'e not so much fun in a while and phil77 enjoy the unicycle get some pics up when you master it ;) :LOL: :LOL:

the weather could not have been better for it warm sunny light breeze :cool:
i dont think i can add anymore to what people have said :oops:

I brought some middle burns from someone who was it? please drop me a pm

and they guy whos got my old wheels can you drop me a pm please mate ref shifters and seat clamp :D

Il get pics loaded up soon there is some good ones of everyone chilling in the car park :D

Not long since arrived back from a great weekend in and around the Thetford Alps.

The long journey down was rewarded with a seriously great weekend of riding in fantastic weather on some brilliant trails.

The main ride on Saturday saw 46 riders in total taking in a great selection of Thetford singletrack. It's always a pleasure to ride amongst such a friendly and good humoured bunch of people. Plenty of new and old faces to chat with too.
The range and standard of bikes being ridden always astounds me. There were some incredibly well turned out bikes on Saturday along with plenty of other well loved machines.

Thanks to the ride organisers and guides for all their hard work before and during the day.
Great stuff!

I also stayed over for another day's riding today which was also great.
ElPedro666, Charlieboy28 and I represented the northern contingent for the day along with Rekiborter, Cannondale King and Niel__j. With the help of some local knowledge we took in a much more extensive selection of Thetford's trails.
The spring like weather quickly cleared our hangovers to give us a day that would have made August jealous.
After several hours dodging Adders at a pretty good pace we eventually retired with our bikes lightly coated in dust.

I'll post up my pictures and reminisce some more on how great it all was when I get a moment tomorrow.

Back