rBoTM March 2012 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some truly nice bicycles here - again.

I'm generally a little anti the Johnny Foreigner stuff that seems to pervade RB, but I do like the patina of the Galletti.

I could be fussy, but that would be churlish - I know some don't mind being churlish.

However, after all that, the Swinnerton may get my vote - I need another look first!

Rk.

roadking":1qf1bjmp said:
Some truly nice bicycles here - again.

I'm generally a little anti the Johnny Foreigner stuff that seems to pervade RB, but I do like the patina of the Galletti.

I could be fussy, but that would be churlish - I know some don't mind being churlish.

However, after all that, the Swinnerton may get my vote - I need another look first!

Rk.

Rk,

Despite the co.uk extension, Retrobike is positioned as an international site.

Expressing a Preference.

Elev12k":2q9y6tc2 said:
roadking":2q9y6tc2 said:
Some truly nice bicycles here - again.I'm generally a little anti the Johnny Foreigner stuff that seems to pervade RB, but I do like the patina of the Galletti.I could be fussy, but that would be churlish - I know some don't mind being churlish.However, after all that, the Swinnerton may get my vote - I need another look first!Rk.

Rk,Despite the co.uk extension, Retrobike is positioned as an international site.

Given that my view is not unknown to RBoTM, as I have expressed it previously. I would have thought this opinion might be accepted in the spirit in which it was given.
I simply have a preference for home-grown English bicycle frames, this is why I have only entered one bicycle in RBoTM.
And given some of the views and language used on RB from time to time I would have thought the energy used in this churlish attempt at chastising me might be better directed elsewhere.
It is merely my expression of a preference - fortunately we are able in, what passes for a free society to have them.
Perhaps I'd better be more circumspect going forward, and curb my preference for all things Campagnolo for fear of being accused pro Italian. My preference for Mavic rims, Stronglight and Mafac products - pro French, my preference for hi end German cars...the list is long.

The list of things that irritate me is considerably shorter - thankfully :)

Roadking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back