Konfused Kona - 1999 Kona Caldera

Mark.

Did you build the 700c wheels of are they stock with disc hubs??

Building something similar with cyclocross tyres.

Cheers
Rick

giant-one":1yuzxdyt said:
Mark.

Did you build the 700c wheels of are they stock with disc hubs??

Building something similar with cyclocross tyres.

Cheers
Rick

Rick,

I bought the wheels complete - I think they are an off teh shelf option.

WTB Dual Duty rims on Shimanon 475 hubs.

They were not hugely light but were very strong.

:cool:

Awesome read, and I love the passage of time for your Kona. Excellent in 700c guise, but truly, truly superb in its 69er guise. :D
Love it. :)

keithb":1njcuhwm said:
Awesome read, and I love the passage of time for your Kona. Excellent in 700c guise, but truly, truly superb in its 69er guise. :D
Love it. :)

Cheers Fella.

It has been cool seeing the bike change with different requires/latest fads etc.

Its also quite startling that at no point in the builds has the bike felt "wrong". It may look it and other may feel that the changes are for the worse but to me it does of it what I ask :LOL:

Just had to go back and read this again I enjoyed it so much. Konas especially seem to be adaptable to so many roles but I think yours has the record.
What's next?

shedobits":1kcz86gb said:
What's next?

Probably back to 26'' front and rear with the Reba forks back on and set to 90mm.

Its fun in 69er and with the Fat front but for really getting the miles in (which I need to do!) a more conventional set up may be required!

Good thread! Inspires me to keep the explosif frame I have rather than selling it to help fund something modern and bouncy...

albash82":19o5r10n said:
Good thread! Inspires me to keep the explosif frame I have rather than selling it to help fund something modern and bouncy...

Keep it.

Just going though a more period revamp.

Will update soon
:D

yeah, this is probably the bike from this forum thats inspired me to revamp my blast.

Back