New Build - Once you go black - 2012 Pace 104

jonnyboy666":3jezjoe0 said:
when they came out i thought they were very un-Pace like,

True it is very un-Pace like that i remember. I like the all black look

For a lot of people anything but a square profile is going to look wrong, a little like the diamond Jones doesn't seem like a Jones.

I like it.

I have ridden both, and as far as i'm concerned the new Pace is far superior in every way, for one it's steel rather than hard stiff alloy, aswell as all the modern geometry, don't get me wrong i like the old pace's but i do prefer the new ones.

Thank you all all for the comments.

Like any instance when an iconic "thing" is changed it will always divide opinion.

If it helps I never really like the square tubed Pace frames :)

To answer a couple of questions .....

Front chainring is a STD Shimano jobbie - I have a Renthal ring for it but it's colour dosent match the build!

For a moment a Rohloff was on the cards but expense aside I think the cabling is neater with the Alfine.

Splashbacks are great tyres. Ask Andy B what he thinks of them - for over 18s only!

IMHO I think a modern retro classic has just been born here.

Beautiful lines and a classic name combine, the purists dislike it, it has wildly divided opinion, and got people talking.

Well done Mark for your great foresight I say keep it for twenty odd years and then post it in the 0>2015 section ;) :D

kermitgreenkona88":33287f8z said:
IMHO I think a modern retro classic has just been born here.

Beautiful lines and a classic name combine, the purists dislike it, it has wildly divided opinion, and got people talking.

Well done Mark for your great foresight I say keep it for twenty odd years and then post it in the 0>2015 section ;) :D

Cheers fella.

I do like the way it looks :cool:

Awesome bikes, only thing that stopped me buying the grown up version was the weight and the rear hose routing. This one a keeper Mark?

Back