1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X

Thanks Carl.

I saw that on your thread and copied it. Can you tell from the picture of the bike what headset Justin used?

Wow! is that last picture just a lacquered frame? That is cool :cool:

to be honest i havent a clue.... :? I keep wanting to say Lx but i honestly cant be sure from the pic... :?

Attachments

• img210.jpg
    img210.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 1,077
sinnerman":3k80kehn said:
to be honest i havent a clue.... :? I keep wanting to say Lx but i honestly cant be sure from the pic... :?

I've been looking at all the old headsets and don't recognise it either. I initially thought it was a XT but haven't been able to find a 1" version. I think I might stick with a CK GripNut as its the same shape and shiny :cool:

Attachments

• Chris King GripNut Threaded Headset 1in.jpg
    Chris King GripNut Threaded Headset 1in.jpg
    23.5 KB · Views: 1,068
Giom6":2ysv6byp said:
sinnerman":2ysv6byp said:

I've been looking at all the old headsets and don't recognise it either. I initially thought it was a XT but haven't been able to find a 1" version. I think I might stick with a CK GripNut as its the same shape and shiny :cool:

My guessing it that it's probably an alloy stronglight A9 with a few spacers thrown in :)

Attachments

• black-a9.jpg
    black-a9.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 1,029
I know its all down personal choice but I have a king on my genesis and actually shamefully think its too chunky :?

DSC_0745.jpg

daj":1nzxpntq said:
I know its all down personal choice but I have a king on my genesis and actually shamefully think its too chunky :?

Yep, have to agree, far too chunky.

Whip it out and send it to me for my DB ;)

Spoke to Chas at the Bristol show, and drooled over the bikes, including the current DB, which is seriously NICE.

Regarding Headsets: 99% of the display bikes where fitted with Chris King, with a couple wearing Cane Creek. Those were the only two names that Chas mentioned, "We fit them, as they don't give us any trouble and they will still be working fine in ten years time. It's not about price, it purely down to function".

I'll post pictures of the DB later, once my son has downloaded them.

NeilM":2erioihn said:
Spoke to Chas at the Bristol show, and drooled over the bikes, including the current DB, which is seriously NICE.

Regarding Headsets: 99% of the display bikes where fitted with Chris King, with a couple wearing Cane Creek. Those were the only two names that Chas mentioned, "We fit them, as they don't give us any trouble and they will still be working fine in ten years time. It's not about price, it purely down to function".

I'll post pictures of the DB later, once my son has downloaded them.

Can't wait to see the pics.

Still can't make my mind up about a headset though. :x

Me on my 1992 DOGS BOLX at the 1995 California Bud Light race. I'm now back in England but the DB is living it up in the sunshine in Barcelona with a very good mate of mine - he's just had it back to Chas for a proper resto and it's used with aplomb regularly - it ain't no garage Queen. Still going strong after 21 years!!

LagunaSeca1.jpg

Back