2011 Santa Cruz Superlight (pic heavy!)

Looks a really nice bike, good choice. Nice selection of parts on it too.

Have to agree, a single pivot full suss bike does have appeal. Changing bearings on multi-pivot bikes is a pain.

It's not as light as the Canyon I returned, but then it isn't festooned with XTR!
I was genuinely surprised that the rigid 93 Saracen Race Elite I sold a few weeks back weighed in a kg heavier than the Canyon!
Modern technology hey

Really really lovely build, seen plenty of these builds with cheap kit and think they just look cheap but you made a good job of this one. I was stuck between the superlight and the Ibis Mojo SL, i went for the latter.
Most of the lads i rie with have Santa Cruz and all love them.

You should get a good few years of riding...my SL just passed it's 10th birthday and the original pivots and sus bushes are still going strong. I had to make the excuse of going to discs to justify spending a few quid on it :)

I love the way it accelerates and climbs, the single pivot means it just tightens up and "squirts".

Very nice. I love the way the superlight rides and always relish getting back on mine.

Not sure how heavy the wheels are, but mine responded well to having some light-ish Hope Hoops fitted and going 2x10.

Time less bikes in a world full of 85 linkage full suss bikes :LOL:

Back