Australian Events and Rides - Melbourne, VIC

Good work Pete! I've been a bad lad this last couple of weeks and been having the crafty odd one with drinks, damn party season! Anyhoo, Simon I am up for it, gives me the incentive to get motivated again. A couple of my mad mates do the full one and they reckon the first time is a killer! Have you got a roadie to go on? I built this with that frame i got from the swap meet we went too, goes like a rocket

a6e9417835de11e1abb01231381b65e3_7.jpg

Nice one Skinny, reackon it will be a challenge! That frame built up very nicely, looks like you got a bargain. I bought a Giant OCR off eBay a couple of weeks ago to replace my SS commuter (couldn't hack the distance in 1 gear!). Put 200k on it last week and it might be due a couple of upgrades but goes well enough, it's the first time I've ridden a road bike since 95! Anyway I'm keeping an eye out for when the around the bay tickets come out...

Skinny and myself will be at Lysterfield this sunday if anyone fancies a ride. Prob starting around 10.30. Anybody up for it?

Damn it I can't do this weekend and the weather looks fine!! Planning to head over to Lysterfield next Sunday if anyone wants to do 2 weekends in a row...

Damn, and damn! next two weekends are out for me. I'm seriously considering wagging off work mid-week so I can ride again, as the missus gets some sort of pleasure out of booking the weekends solid.......

Easter long weekend approaches!! Me and my nephew are heading up to Lysty then so he can start learning to ride off road, so a lazy ride with lots of coffee and cake will be on the cards! Anyone up for it?

Did someone say the words 'lazy', 'coffee', & 'cake'? Sounds like I am in.
No got any holiday plans, so I'm sure we can fit something in over the four days

Sounds good to me, I'm in! Been spending far too much time on a road bike and the Stumpjumper is getting jealous. How about the Easter Saturday? I've emailed Trailmix to make sure they're open!

I think, fingers crossed, that the sun will be gracing us with its presence on Saturday, so if any lads fancy joining me and Mark for a bimble round Lysty you are more than welcome, early start, so we can get some brekky and a brew into us, say 9:30 @ Trailmix

I'll be riding this soon when i get my parts I need, these are just mock up bits. Although the rims, saddle and Hammerschmidt will be staying!

319823_10150967694561051_61875080_n.jpg

Like the stealth look of the MC, that will be a killer when it's finished. Did you guys make it out for a ride last weekend?
Going to be doing a rebuild of my stumpjumper soon, the spring kit for the Judy's I bought off eBay last year has, unsurprisingly turned to rust. So first on the list is a set of forks, something with about 80mm of travel if anyone's got a set they want to sell??

Back