1993 Marin Eldridge Grade

Hi SMD,
Until this year I knew nothing at all about mountain bikes as I hadn't ridden for 20 years, except for a day's hire of a Marin in San Francisco in 1999, and all my bikes up to then were road bikes, so I'm happy to stand corrected.
The saddle in my photo was just a temporary Scott replacement while I found a new seat-post. I have now put the saddle I bought with the bike back on – I assumed it was original but am happy to accept that it isn't as it's in such good condition, and very comfortable.
On another point I have assumed that they are original wheels as well because of the details on them such as the coloured spoke nipples, but again I may be wrong.
Hope this isn't sounding too anoraky.

Attachments

• MarinEG8.JPG
    MarinEG8.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 7,317
  • MarinEG7.jpg
    MarinEG7.jpg
    35.9 KB · Views: 7,317
  • MarinEG9.JPG
    MarinEG9.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 7,317
  • MarinEG10.JPG
    MarinEG10.JPG
    47.4 KB · Views: 7,317
Wheels are original for sure I just picked one up today...and I kid you not I might as well have just picked it up from the bike shop back in 93! Absolutely original ridden for a matter of a few miles then stored for the last 19! Its spot on in every respect very light too like a brand new bike. No frame scratches no wear to chainset rings cassette. The last owner said he has ridden it for maybe 100miles and I believe him!

Back