1993 Teesdale Brave Warrior Chief

Hi there! I´m the new owner of that 1993 Chief....i think there is someone who would be happy to see some pics of the actual build....

Alex

Thats a really gorgeous frame, gotta love that paint!

Can't help thinking the XTR looks a little out of place, did you consider anything else with this build? I'd have liked M730 XT on myself.

sandmangts":3ppz7hug said:
IMG_1047.jpg

IMG_1043.jpg

hi sandmangts, do you still have these pedals? If I'm looking right, they should be Shimano DX, they are?

cheers
michael

I´m loving that paintjob,too..

But there is no xtr....there is no shimano....

specs:

Bullseye Patriot Hubs
Campagnolo Kappa Rims
Suntour XC Sport Rollercams
Suntour XC Comp rear
Suntour XC Comp front
Campagnolo Centaur Pedals
Grafton JoyStix
AM Classic Seatpost
AM Classic Trilock

Alex

mosstowie":39ktldok said:
I´m loving that paintjob,too..

But there is no xtr....there is no shimano....

specs:

Bullseye Patriot Hubs
Campagnolo Kappa Rims
Suntour XC Sport Rollercams
Suntour XC Comp rear
Suntour XC Comp front
Campagnolo Centaur Pedals
Grafton JoyStix
AM Classic Seatpost
AM Classic Trilock

Alex
Very nice Alex, I am glad to see you built the bike up properly. I am glad it went to a true enthusiast like you. I think your build is better than mine was. Keep in mind there were only 2 E-stay Chiefs ever built.

mosstowie":de4bq1py said:
Only two ?

Do you know where´s the other one?
No, I don't think anyone does. I have only seen one other Chief which was a standard non-e-stay frame. I purchased this frame directly from Tom Teesdale. He made the fork especially for that frame. Jim Cunningham of CyclArt did all the original paint work for Brave so I took it to him for the paint which was insanely expensive. When I talked to Tom about it he said he could not remember if he actually made another like this one. He said 1 or 2 at the most so thats what I am going on. I would think if you make a frame like this with all the work that goes into a fillet brazed frame it would be hard to forget but Tom is a very unique individual. It may very well be the only one but I can't say for sure.

Back