dump find: old Marin bike 'Team Marin 94/95?'

mrgumby

rBotM Winner
found this at the recycling bins last night in North London, I saw it had old XT mechs and shifters on it so I saved it from death..

there were no wheels or saddle or seatpost, but everything (except the Crankset) looked from that era:
LX cantilever brakes... M737 front and rear mechs and M737 shifter/levers (one with plastic screen missing)

I could just make out the remainder of the word TEAM on the top tube and it says TANGE Ultimate Superlight by the BB..

Anyone know what this is? I don't know anything about Marin bikes..

thanks,
matt

Attachments

• marin.jpg
    marin.jpg
    478.6 KB · Views: 2,552
  • components.jpg
    components.jpg
    433.2 KB · Views: 2,552
  • sticker.jpg
    sticker.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 2,552
Unbelievably lucky!

This is a fab frameset! From the dying days of quality steel frames when mainstream brands all went to alloy.

Pretty much top of the range (think there was a Team Titanium above it) circa '94.

These ride really nicely. Fingers crossed its not bent.

Ditch that POS chainset though :)

I had a Marin Team and it was a brilliant frame.

From memory it had triple butted main tubes and quad butted stays. Very thin tubes and mine ended up getting a crease on the underside of the down tube - but it did get raced in a DH once.

Pity that top tube has been peppered - it would build up into a nice bike

al-onestare":a53mkxvp said:
That top tube is fucked though. Still - good find!

Are they holes? I just assumed they were chips in the paint down to the metal (which has gone rusty).....

i reckon a team as it has the first rear mech cable stop on head tube, rather than down tube.

if the frame has had it you have a good start with the other bits for something else but, if it's good build it as they're pretty rare.

Back