purpling good 1994 Kona AA

took it down to the garage today to size it up against the lava dome and adjust fit

by eye, i had it pretty spot on - it also gave me an excuse for this gratuitous bike-on-bike shot

Attachments

• 27012008(001).jpg
    27012008(001).jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 7,300
cce":10h8zcqe said:
it'll probably go onward again towards the end of the year.... i'll make sure i keep it in the retrobike family!

Do let me know when you do - I may be interested in having it back... ;)

Oh, I've got an identical Velocity stem but without the cable router if you're interested? Might make it look a bit tidier, if you see what I mean...

build is "on the cheap" for now.... but all my builds start that way, using what i have lying around. if i fancy a change i'll hit you up :)

the lava dome started on-the-cheap and now has a curve/middleburn/pace chainset and avid arch rival V's

this evening = fitting brakes, respacing rear hub and then she's ready for the onerous duty of carrying me the ten miles each way to work on nice days and putting in fitness miles.

looking good there mate - just make sure you put some loctite on the jockey wheels :LOL:

Incase anyone is confused, this is the bike in question stinking my house out in the peaks with a shattered rear mech and missing jockey wheels...

main.php

finished - for now. back wheel is shit. real bad. anyone got anything 8-speed, straight with a silver rim and 8 speed cass kicking about?

Attachments

• P2140031 (Large).JPG
    P2140031 (Large).JPG
    158.8 KB · Views: 1,358
bars are now lower. thumbies will be going on, along with some purple chainring bolts, and possibly crank bolts. polishing on the forks needs a lot of buffing to keep me happy, so i think mr plasti-kote may be coming to town

at some point i am going to re-spin it as a mountain SS, but that's a while away yet.

Latest posts

Back