1990 Klein Pinnacle in poor condition

This evening I spend some hours stripping the Pinnacle. Actually it was the first moment I could have a really good look on the bike. What I suspected is now confirmed, even though the color is fantastic, the frame needs a new paint. Too many paint bubbles near areas such as bottle cage holes, cable entries, dropouts and bracket.

With Spring and Summer in mind, I will most probably now convert it into a single speed and enjoy this bike as my town and beach cruiser this season :). the new paint job is something for next year.

Amazing though the state this bike was in... The headset lockring was completely cracked, the front derailleur adjustment screw is broken off and most amazingly, the right crank is 175mm while the left arm is 170mm! Can you imagine riding with uneven cranks? I don't even want to think what that does to your knees and muscles...

This Pinnacle just needs some TLC :D

When you say single speed beach cruiser. :shock: Do you mean a period of purgatory just until the paint job or do you mean everlasting damnation? What then, does it return to an XC\XT equipped 18 spd?

Slammin":7jl4v34a said:
When you say single speed beach cruiser. :shock: Do you mean a period of purgatory just until the paint job or do you mean everlasting damnation? What then, does it return to an XC\XT equipped 18 spd?

:LOL:

Just the summer season! I rather have the bike out and about instead of it being a garage queen that does not see the sunlight.

troje":ut11ochc said:
Slammin":ut11ochc said:

:LOL:

Just the summer season! I rather have the bike out and about instead of it being a garage queen that does not see the sunlight.

I agree! good to ride it untill a proper restoration.

Some more pics of the frame.

Warning, the following pictures contain scenes that might be shocking to Klein adepts.

P1010332.JPG

P1010335.JPG

P1010337.JPG

P1010338.JPG

P1010339.JPG

P1010340.JPG

P1010341.JPG

P1010342.JPG

P1010343.JPG

P1010344.JPG

P1010345.JPG

Back