Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
And its free!

There is a catch however...

Well a few.

Bad bits:

1) You need to ride your bike for at least 10 days to end up with a GC place.
2) The 'Grand depart' looks strangely like your front door. Every day.
3) Unless you have a helpful other half, the 'team car' will probably sit on your drive a lot.

Good bits:

1) The Parcours is your own design
2) You can ride any bike you choose AND have the saddle at a wonky angle if you wish. AND run 650c wheels. etc.
3) You can cancel the stages you wish if its a bit cold, CBA, etc

Here it is:

www.peoplesgrandtour.com

updated 9/5/12 - next edition thread here: http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=200720

paininthe":16f6el8f said:
What a great idea - anything to assist you getting of your arse.

Have we met? you seem to know my sloth like habits quite well ;)

TBH I haven't even signed up yet

DA-EVO":3rn7pswt said:
paininthe":3rn7pswt said:

That came out a bit weird didn't it. In "you" i meant "me" and everyone else not you as in DA-EVO. The collective you of all you's out there.

IYSWIM

paininthe":2o9cj9mm said:
DA-EVO":2o9cj9mm said:
paininthe":2o9cj9mm said:

That came out a bit weird didn't it. In "you" i meant "me" and everyone else not you as in DA-EVO. The collective you of all you's out there.

IYSWIM

I know that ;) however I ccertainly resemble the remark so no offence taken :) However, I have now signed up so technically I have to get on my bike some days and stuff.

Probably.

Bit of a plug for Strava, just signed up and loaded my first. It compares sections of your ride with others that have travelled that same section. I'm King Of the Mountains on a Cat4 climb in Temple Newsam! (only me ridden it)

here

been on it for a little while, but not used it very often. Quite a lot of the local Morvélo crowd use it, i think.

sportstracklive.com for me, as i got the bluetooth HRM for my birthday last year. I just transfer my routes once i'm done to see how I compare (not many up yet though)..oh yeah, and i'm on mapmyride.com too :oops: they're all good for different things, honest!

Will post up usernames for any that want them :?

BobCatMax":1nsa7nan said:
been on it for a little while, but not used it very often. Quite a lot of the local Morvélo crowd use it, i think.

sportstracklive.com for me, as i got the bluetooth HRM for my birthday last year. I just transfer my routes once i'm done to see how I compare (not many up yet though)..oh yeah, and i'm on mapmyride.com too :oops: they're all good for different things, honest!

Will post up usernames for any that want them :?

Why not start a 'retrobike' bike club on there?

Back