Muddy Fox Titan Pro

I put out some feelers on the french equivalent of retrobike and got this reply:

Il y a un air de famille, non !

Il m'a été vendu comme un Voodoo D'Jab de 96, par Neway à Choisy (94).
A cette époque ils distribuaient Voodoo mais aussi Muddy Fox.
Quand ils ont fermé le bouclard, je me suis rabattus chez PSL à Virry Chatillion qui faisait Voodoo.
Ils ont entretenu le VTT jusqu’en 2003 et n'ont jamais remis en doute sa provenance.
L'année dernière, un même cadre c'est vendu sur Ebay US, il était badgé exactement comme le mien, ce qui me laisse penser que s'en était sûrement un !

which translates as: there's a real family resemblance! It was sold to me as a Voodoo D'Joab from '96 by Neway in Choisy. At that time they were distributers for Voodoo but also Muddy Fox. When they closed down the chain, I went to PSL at Virry Chatillon who sold Voodoo's. They looked after the MTB until 2003 and never brought into doubt its prevenance. Last year the same frame was up on US ebay, badged up just like mine which makes me think it definitely was one.

So perhaps we have a solution?!
:D

djab5zq5.jpg

orange71":2qf155eh said:
So perhaps we have a solution?! :D

could be - the externally butted headtube, hole in teh rear drop outs and forward facing seatclamp match.

Titan pro

I also bought one of these 'Titan Pro' frames a couple of weeks back - 20.5".
I found these (unfortunately large) photos of a voodoo d'jab from Craigslist and I can't tell the difference. Geometry (Joe murray)
should perhaps be different, but with large sizes like these...?.. The headtube butting and canti bridges are identical - as are the welds.. ;-)
Bit of help please OP: What size seatpost do I need and will 410mm forks be ok? I was considering 395mm and just want to know how it
handles and how long those amps are.. Thanks, P
HPIM0791.jpg

HPIM0792.jpg

Thanks for this info - very useful :D

The seatpost on mine had a shim already in it for 27.2. I have subsequently taken it further down to 25.0 for a USE post, but you don't need to do that. The AMP forks are standard with a 260mm steerer. Don't know about crown to dropout without measuring.

Oh and I don't know how it handles yet because as soon as I built it up, I noticed the rear rim had split, so I've got to get round to sorting that first :roll:

Well it's good news if its a voodoo d'job - they are early suspension adjusted and I think any 405-415mm rigid fork will be fine for me.
Also I saw a closeup of a 1996/7 Voodoo Bizango (steel) headtube and the external butting looks identical again.
I bought the frame on a whim and was taking a bit of a gamble that this would be a frame-for-life, and it looks to have paid off!
Good luck with your enquiries, I can't wait to ride a frame from a $2000-$3200 bike! :-D

is that how much it was :shock:

I bought the frame on a whim and was taking a bit of a gamble that this would be a frame-for-life, and it looks to have paid off!
ditto! :D

Back