'92 Explosif

Rally_cat

Retro Guru
Feedback
View
Hey fellas, New member here from Canada.

Previous owner did purple. I will be removing it this year. The Marazocchi's don't work so good anyway.

Insert pride and joy. :)
IMG_2627.jpg

I remember this bike when it was eBay quite a while back. Nearly bought it myself - (unless there is an identical twin bike about).

I quite like the purple and green, but if you are removing the purple i can give it a good home ;)

I like the green, looks very nice :) must admit I quite like the purple to :shock:

Hope you don't mind but I lightened your pic a bit so you can see it a bit better ;)

greenkonaa.jpg
[/img]

Quite splendid. Is this a 92 Explosif Pro? That would explain the green colour, as the Explosif was gold that year but there was also a better-equipped model called the Explosif Pro which came in black but with a custom paint option. Non-standard paint always rings alarm bells, but with the decals being perfectly authentic, I'd bet that this nice green colour scheme is the original paint and if so it could even be unique!

I guess the Marzocchi has got to go if it offends you in two dimensions, but at least it's quite short so it shouldn't be upsetting the steering angle too much - the 92 frames weren't 'suspension-adjusted', so if it was my bike I would be wary of replacing it with anything longer.

Thanks for the nice comments. This is the bike from ebay. I bought it from the seller after the auctions end as it did not meet his reserve.

It could very well be an explosif pro, that would certainly explain the color. Unfortunately the brakes and deraileurs have been switched to xtr so any of the Suntour stuff the pro's came with is gone. However I did score a near new set of tires, the propulsion and equilibrium with the bike. (They have since been removed and stored).

This bike extremely close to a bike I had a young teen in the early 90's. It was a '92 green fire mountain. I'd still like to find one. This is pretty damn close though. :) Takes me back every time I ride it.

Cheers

Back