Marin At Night- Open Weekly Invite

Pogo

Retrobike Rider
Me and a few mates have been riding the Marin Trail during the week and three of us are riding retro, the fourth has just gone full suss Stumpjumper, apart from that he's a top bloke! Usually it's once but sometimes twice a week, normal start is about 8pm. Protocol expects we sup a pint in Trefiw afterwards, so thats approx 2.5 hours to do the trail as well as the associated faffing.

Due to demographics I know most of the region live across the border but thought that posting up a regular night ride might encourage a few locals to come out of the wood and into the woods. ;)

Of course the invitation extends to our cousins in the NW.

Post any interest and I'll let you know when we are next on course, generally we pre-arrange a week in advance with Monday and Wednesday evenings being the most preferred choice. Hwyl.

Cheers for the heads up Pogo thats one of the finest trails Ive been too, have you noticed the illuminous moss at nite ?
I would like to join in sometime soon (poss spring)
Lee.

mrlee":2lgqbh7k said:
have you noticed the illuminous moss at nite ?
I would like to join in sometime soon (poss spring)

Illuminous Moss? Not seen any, that's probably because of the driving rain getting in my eyes ( or is that just buckets of sweat?), I'm not sure!

Feel free to join in any time, Spring time-anytime. :)

Hiya,
I'd love to come along if you don't mind.
Live in Bethesda, fairly local to Marin.
Just need to give my lights a spring clean.
James

JTD":1easykj1 said:
Hiya,
I'd love to come along if you don't mind.
Live in Bethesda, fairly local to Marin.
Just need to give my lights a spring clean.
James

You're more than welcome mate. Not set a day for next week, it'll be Tuesday or less likely the Friday. If that suits let me know and we can arrange something proper.

Normally we arrive at the lower car-park about 7.30 to 8 pm depending on everyone's schedule. We usually have a faff factor of about 10 minutes before setting off and depending on weather and other variables we occasionally cut the route short at the half-way stage, tho that's by common consent.

:cool:

Sounds good to me.
I'll skip next week to make sure I've got working lights and join you the week after.
Never ridden Marin rigid before, should be interesting.

According to AA routefinder its just under 2.5 hours to Betws-y-Coed from Work. So 8pm start is doable with 5:30 finish.
Trail I've wanted to do, love night riding - crazy idea to combine the 2 ... replying as much so I can easily find this thread again.

Thanks

KevD":3qxga498 said:
According to AA routefinder its just under 2.5 hours to Betws-y-Coed from Work. So 8pm start is doable with 5:30 finish.
Trail I've wanted to do, love night riding - crazy idea to combine the 2 ... replying as much so I can easily find this thread again.

Thanks

Strewth! :shock:

If you're making such an effort we can always work around your schedule- but we don't do weekends or Thursday nights.
Still getting my head around the dedication being shown here, top man. :cool:

Back