1999 Marin Mount Vision Pro

I prefer the v brake/pace fork route myself too! Giving me some ideas for my MV I have amassed so far XTR v brakes, derailleurs, hubs on Mavic X517 wheels...just need some STI's...having some issues with a shock bolt being seized at the moment though!! Where did you get your rear shock from?

I know this an old thread but I keep coming back to it because of the outstanding work you've done to this Mount Vision. I bought the classic orange and silver Mount Vision back in 98 as my first proper MTB and I still ride it regularly. I recently got hold of some pro class rc36 Pace forks and while they are super plush they don't have any rebound adjustment whatsoever (the lever on the top of the fork is useless).

I was going to ask you how easy it was to rebuild it? I've never ventured into the innards of any fork but I'm seriously considering it as they do look brilliant. Are the bits easily available or should I just bung it off to Pace for an overhaul? (That's if they even touch these vintage items these days).

As I say, I love the rebuild on this, it's given me the inspiration to do something special with mine.

It's been a while since I've updated this thread, but there were a few developments worth sharing with others. I couldn't love any of the forks available from '99, as quite simply they weren't up to the job of matching the back end. After much searching and researching, I decided that some later World Cup SID's were the way to go. These are the ones with the Ti canti mounts, and the one piece carbon steerer/crown. They are stupidly light, and plush. The front and rear balance in weight and feel is now matched perfectly.

I was never really happy with the over engineered (heavy) Thomson stem either, so a Syntace F99 was fitted instead. 99 by name, and 99g by nature!

The bike has been used extensively off road, and I've not ridden a hardtail for over a year now because every time it go to pick a bike it's always this that gets the vote.

6548kw.jpg

Re:

Looks like you`ve done a fantasic job with that bike it looks great! :cool:
I`m hoping you can help me with some info please. I`ve recently got my hands on a 2001 mount vision frame and i`m busy building her up, but the frame came without a hanger and i`ve been unable to get hold of an original one, i have bought a replacement pilo one, but i cannot track down the three bolts needed to fit the hanger to the frame. Also i think there maybe a backing plate or something that fits on the inside of the frame as neither the new hanger or the frame holes are threaded! Could you advise me on how the hanger fits, and could you upload some pics of the original hanger please? and any ideas of where to buy one, and the 3 bolts to fit it with?
I have all the other parts to finish the build but this hanger problem has brought it to a stand still, so any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Back