rBoTM March 2012 - Nominations Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought I might as well stick it in the mix...Bought 6monhts ago, labour of love ensued...Not sure of exact age but pretty sure it's late 80's...Rides like a dream!!!

Attachments

• Daccordi retrobike shot resize.jpg
    Daccordi retrobike shot resize.jpg
    368.1 KB · Views: 1,245
Great stuff so far this month---I really dig the Koga Miyata and the Galletti.

Is that Cannondale old enough? I may have a modern bike to toss in if so....

yo-Nate-y":dr63i8ny said:
Great stuff so far this month---I really dig the Koga Miyata and the Galletti.

Is that Cannondale old enough? I may have a modern bike to toss in if so....

I must say I like the PICCHIO SPECIAL a lot too.. Great frame/colors/parts

picchio and galetti for me.

Picchio I would change the saddle for an earlier model item.

Liked the perthus as Im a pug fan....
the saddle and bars look to be tipped down a bit.... not that would change my top two...

Agreed on all counts above. The paint scheme on the Pug is super cool. But bar/saddle angle should be fixed.

I wish the Picchio had at least an old Turbo, some light blue DA toe straps, and a silver cage. But I am nit-picking. It is a superbly beautiful bike and I am a sucker for AX.

Slotcar55--You should pull all those Picasa pics into a new thread if there isn't one--the lug cutouts and seat tube work and such are really really great.

Looks like i'm in, Swinnerton 531c circa 1983. More details on readers road bike thread.

Swinnerton008.jpg

Swinnerton009.jpg

Swinnerton011.jpg

The Swinnerton really does it for me! Absolutely gorgeous. 1982-83 was when I was (first) old enough to care but not old enough to afford... I'd forgotten about those bar end caps that went on the outside of the tape. Benotto?
Nick

nammonk":32oo2t1i said:
The Swinnerton really does it for me! Absolutely gorgeous. 1982-83 was when I was (first) old enough to care but not old enough to afford... I'd forgotten about those bar end caps that went on the outside of the tape. Benotto?
Nick

Yes white benotto celo tape, I bought the exact same tape for my Peugeot PH12 Velo de Centenaire recently

But I still havent decided if I'm going to wrap it "up" and finish with electric tape like the Swinnerton or wrap it top-down like they did it originally, like you can see one the pics below

1982nl_13.jpg

I tried to seal it with a flame as per instructions but struggled, i seem to remember just using black tape years ago anyway.

I'm taking it for it's first ride out today complete with my old Sidi shoes and croched mitts :oops:

It'll be my first ride on tubs in years.

flipster":39eut5ba said:
I tried to seal it with a flame as per instructions but struggled, i seem to remember just using black tape years ago anyway.

I'm taking it for it's first ride out today complete with my old Sidi shoes and croched mitts :oops:

It'll be my first ride on tubs in years.

The caps are supposed to be under the tape, not on top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back