1994 Merlin Titanium

the extralite ultra levers/brakes are great, if you can justify the money you have to drop to get a full set… even 2nd hand. :oops:

stopping power is suburb, although the bike and rider are light. :roll: :LOL:

and they are solid with no flex feeling to them which some ppl have concerns over.

never quite finished… and so the story goes.

although i love the length, design and look of the Onza CWA pro-cuts, the condition of them, and them not being Ti just didn't match the rest of the build.

so finally sourced a longer and also nicer condition titec/bonty handlebar to accommodate a set of NOS Race Face Ti bar-ends. while i was at it, also swapped in another RF Ti stem i had with a lighter inner stem clamp mechanism and better logos.

i can confidently say this is now a finished and complete project… for now. :twisted: :roll:

Attachments

• IMG_2622.JPG
    IMG_2622.JPG
    115.7 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_2619.JPG
    IMG_2619.JPG
    135.5 KB · Views: 725
  • IMG_2623.JPG
    IMG_2623.JPG
    125.4 KB · Views: 725
Looking good Frank :cool:

How are you finding the fork? Had the same on my merlin and hated them.

I'd never had so much juddering from the front end before, I even got the guy on the shimano stand to check I'd got the canti's set up correctly as I thought it must of been that but it wasn't :(

thanks guys. yes the bar-ends are quite long. but found them very comfortable to use and the extra positions nice.

no juddering with my setup. i'm assuming you are referring to only when using the front brakes? maybe it works better with v's, or perhaps the type of brake pad compound? :?

Back