Swinnerton 531c

flipster

Dirt Disciple
Very pleased with this, it's virtually the bike i had 25 yrs ago, but sold like an idiot. Just need to drill the rear derailleur cage.

Frame: Swinnerton 531c

Fork: Chrome 531c

Headset: Specialized
Stem: Cinelli XA
Handlebar:Cinelli Champione de Monde
Bar Tape: Benetto

Brake Levers/Brifters: Campagnolo Victory
Brake Calipers: Campagnolo Victory

Shifters: Campagnolo Record
Front Derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record
Rear Derailleur: Campagnolo Super Record

Cassette: Maillard

Cranks: Campagnolo Super Record
Chainrings: Campagnolo Super Record
Bottom Bracket: Campagnolo Super Record
Pedals: Gipiemme, Christophe clips and Brooks straps.

Rims: Mavic GP4
Hubs: Gipiemme
Hub Skewers: Gipiemme
Tyres: Vittoria Rallye

Saddle: San Marco Rolls
Seatpost: Campagnolo Super Record

Bottle Cage: TA

Swinnerton008.jpg

Swinnerton011.jpg

Swinnerton009.jpg
:roll:

That is beautiful, whats the story with it? has it taken you long to collect all the components? Really admire your dedication & desire to have essentially your old bike back again. Very Retro IMO

Oh! please don't enter BoTM :D i have enough competition this month, i was at least hoping to maybe get 3rd place! :D

Get it entered! Gets my vote!

Ah well, i had much the same bike actually 28 yrs ago, i had Gran Sport and Record mixed on it, it was a light gold colour and 531 pro tubing.

This frame came up on ebay about 3 months ago and i did a cash deal for a bargin price, the components are a mix of stuff i had and stuff off forums and ebay.

The Benotto bar tape seems to be non existent in white so i sent to America for 5 rolls NOS, i will be selling a couple of rolls shortly.

Crikey - those chainrings are identical to the SR ones on my Raleigh Record Ace. At least I assume they are SR - the cranks are anyway. The bike is the Suntour equiped version from 1980 so I'd assume they aren't Campag chainrings on my bike.

P1050175.jpg

Back