Burrington Combe / Mendips Meet

I should be able to do the 22nd or the following weekend. I'll be riding SS unless I put my Karakoram back together in time.

When it dries out a bit. I hate riding up there when it's this wet. Actually I don't hate the riding part, I just hate what it does to my bike. Brake blocks last about 20 miles and the grit gets in the cables and headset etc.

I'm going for a run on the Mendips after work on Friday so will see how bad it is.

Weather is good and the trails have dried out!!!. The forestry have been logging in the area though so parts of Rowberrow look like they have staged a war. Particularly as they were logging when we had all that rain and they use large tracked vehicles, which, because it was so wet have really churned up some of the trails. The damage is mostly in one area, however the trail worst affected is one that featured in many of the loops I like to ride.

Pic attached for those who know the area. Red line is the trail that looks like a platoon of tanks has been through. You wouldn't recognise the area now.

Attachments

• Rowberrow.jpg
    Rowberrow.jpg
    134.3 KB · Views: 833
Someone said to me that there had been a lot of work going on up there, and that the trails had been ruined.

They failed to mention forestry work, and I had images in my mind of smooth gravel paths everywhere :oops:

Latest posts

Back