1994 Specialized Stumpjumper

KeepItSteel":2jsnewvh said:
I love it. Something about Stumpies from this era that just looks so right.

the original saddle and tyres really set it off.

cant wait to find one in my size, what size is yours out of interest?

I believe it's 18 inches, but I have not measured it.

Cheers,
Will

Rio":ucw2a2je said:
Nice find indeed! Marktplaats.nl?

Yep. A lucky shot. I was triggered by the tyres on the picture. It turned out to be an original Stumpy :LOL:

I paid almost as much for the bike as for the fuel for the whole trip to get it. :LOL: (and no, I'm not driving a Ferrari or Hummer...)

I_am_Will":1exfqnk5 said:
Rio":1exfqnk5 said:
Nice find indeed! Marktplaats.nl?

Yep. A lucky shot. I was triggered by the tyres on the picture. It turned out to be an original Stumpy :LOL:

I paid almost as much for the bike as for the fuel for the whole trip to get it. :LOL: (and no, I'm not driving a Ferrari or Hummer...)

lot of people on here envy you now mate...

Have fun with it!! :LOL:

Today I've finished this bike. With some TLC and new cables the bike rides like new :cool:

Immediately to her out for a run on my 'home grounds'.

Here're some pics.

Cheers,
Will

Attachments

• P1090608-1.JPG
    P1090608-1.JPG
    224 KB · Views: 2,317
  • P1090599-1.JPG
    P1090599-1.JPG
    253 KB · Views: 2,317
  • P1090598-1.JPG
    P1090598-1.JPG
    244.9 KB · Views: 2,316
  • P1090596-1.JPG
    P1090596-1.JPG
    252.5 KB · Views: 2,316
this is a really cool bike. A great example of a bike that is great but simple. Maybee it's so nice because of it's simplicity. What more do you need to have fun?

Lovely bike, lovely colour and always loved that LX groupset. Rear mech is one of my all time favourties and I ran one of those cranks for years.

Really nice find - well rescued. :)

Re:

Been looking for specs for this bike for a long long time.
Its good you scored.

Thanks for posting the specs.

Since its Cantliever brakes, the levers are short pull. I just bought a nice frame from my online classified website, Kijiji. I was looking for a steel frame, but I always liked Specialzed and Rocky Mountain bicycles.

I googled the picture, finding it to be a 1994 Stumpjumper, but the specs from Bikepedia were not complete. I was looking for a BB, 73x 107-113, so I average it out to 110, but I would still love to know exactly what the spindle length is.

Back