'93 S-Works build thread

sunchaser":1sjo9cjx said:
Rio":1sjo9cjx said:
ez054098":1sjo9cjx said:
Very cool project. How are you going to touch up the chainsuck?

undecided about that...

3 options:

1 go to a local paintshop, and have them make the same colour (doing the touch up myself) pro: keeping original paint, forfilling con: still a pretty rough look
2 frame / fork completetly repainted pro: like new look con: most expensive option
3 powdercoat pro: affordable, durable con: don't now enough about this, but I think I'll loose the fade into purple. I do like the burgundy much more then the purple of the rear triangle though!

any opions are welcome!!

I'd go option 2, Pro paint job. Make proper job of it. I think the frame set & parts deserve it.

:cool:

It is such a cool frame, I would go for option 2 as well. As long as the painter could be true to the original. Doing touch up is a tough job, trying to get it to blend in with the original paint is a pain.

thanks for the imput so far guys! Leaning towards respray more and more...

some more stuff coming in:

simple but nice Ritchey Logic headset:

6737779683_65455cb325.jpg

NOS Tioga toe-clips:

6737784503_0eab001efa.jpg

wheels will be XT 730/732, butted DT spokes, brass nipples, NOS Mavic X517 CD rims and Panaracer Smoke / Dart skinwalls.

6737786547_29c7bfd079.jpg

had a set of Dia Compe SS 5 levers that I polished, but now found some nicer black Ritchey Logic levers:

6737781977_69b09ae6c3.jpg

Bought a NOS set of DIa Compe 987 in titan colour, but now I'm thinking I should find some Ritchey canti's.

For the cranks I want some 110 BCD specializeds, or XT 730. Both with black rings in 46/36/24.

Just really don't know what grips to fit on this... Any ideas??

Wu-Tangled":1360lyu6 said:
how's this coming along?

Any pics of it built up at all?

:D

still gathering parts. Found some umma gumma tires, and Ritchey canti's. And decided this frame deserves a proper repaint.

Only parts I need now:
XT 732 rear hub 32 hole 135 OLD
Crankset
BB
Grips

nah rebuild with nice new parts and keep the tatty old finish, as it's original. :cool:

then if it looks awful, paint it. ?

Back