temple newsam ride ~ aftermath

top day out marc- well done. i was laughing when i saw my dad too... he'll be happy that he got a mention. :D

Thanks for a good ride everybody, I really enjoyed it. Some gorgeous bikes and a deserved win for Longun, I saw his Rockhopper and thought that it was a really well looked after/NoS mid-nineteen-nineties bike. I was even more impressed when I realized it was much older.
Going out from Leeds on the waterways is something I've thought about doing for ages but have never got round to [And probably would never get round to].
Big thanks to Marc for organising it and shephearding us, it must be a bit nerve wracking inviting people to ride your territory and wondering what they will think. But a great ride and I wonder, any chance of us doing it next year?

I was also pleasantly surprised at how decent the canals are in certain sections. to the west the TPT towards leeds gets more basic and even crude in areas but to the east it gets better with more locks backing onto other interesting things.
that particular route can be altered and tweaked easily to take in more features and increase the mileage. i will work on it as a possible for next year as well as other districts i'm looking at to add more variety to an already lively calendar. :cool:

Great photos there, for a great day out in the sunshine!

Big thanks to Marc for sorting it all out, top job mate, smooth and relaxed all the way, brilliant :cool:

Great choice of chippy too ;)

I reckon it was one of the friendliest rides yet too - even by RB's exceptional standards. mrlee always helps bouy the spirits of course, with his now traditional embarrassingdickingaboutcrash :LOL: :facepalm:

Following on from my first ride on a dream Klein (MrShip's on the snowy Heyfield ride), I have to say more thanks for another dream bike first ride on a gorgeous square-tuber :D Couldn't believe how it just flew forward - like the wind was pushing me along, I felt fit again! Awesome, thanks very much :cool:

It's all been said, great day, great people, great batter (on the cod) and I managed to get rid of seven tyres and a wheel, thank goodness! That 'Dome though - I dunno how it got past Kiran, I'm in so much trouble... :oops:

Matthews":2xnawqm9 said:
We have haddock in West Yorkshire, that's why our F+C are the best in the country. :D
Matthew

Hmm, East coast skate is my favourite, closely followed by a massive Midlands' plaice, but please do fel free to try and convince me... ;)

Got to go now - hungry! :shock:

We have them all over here, luckily I don't much like fish so I never need to decide :D

So that's why the lavadome wasn't in the back of my car :LOL:

FluffyChicken":1c7tlyvf said:
We have them all over here, luckily I don't much like fish so I never need to decide :D

:oops:
I thought I'd got away from it but it was in my boot, bloody Leeds fly-tippers! :LOL:

Just checked the otherwise perfect forks I had stashed and they've come up too short, must be off a 16" frame :( swap thread required... :D

I just wanted to add my thanks to Marc for a really scenic ride and after reading your comments would love to see an extended version on next years menu. All I ask is that the chippy is our lunch stop

I couldn't agree with elpedro more in that it was a fantastic social gathering with plenty of laughs and good banter

Dave

:D

elPedro666":1v9ur1g0 said:
FluffyChicken":1v9ur1g0 said:

:oops:
I thought I'd got away from it but it was in my boot, bloody Leeds fly-tippers! :LOL:

Just checked the otherwise perfect forks I had stashed and they've come up too short, must be off a 16" frame :( swap thread required... :D

Told you you should have that Wheeler as well, you could have had that built by now ;)

Back