1990 Marin Muirwoods, Gloss Yellow Multi-Splatter!

Chain guard: Maxx Gorilla Series :cool:

maxx_gorilla_series_rock_ring2_107.jpg

Please allow me to bump this thread...

My first bike was a 1990 Muirwoods, but it was not bright yellow, it was on a lovely bone white color with the paint drops in pink, purple and blue.

I am desperate looking for a picture of this bike...

Anyone can help?

Thanks!

A little update on my Muirwoods can't hurt.
Found some new Bontrager XR2 EXP 2.1 tyres at the fleamarket for the pricey sum of 9€. :cool:
These tyres are tubeless ready. This means you can't put them on the rims nice and easy. Some serious swearing was involved during that work. :twisted:
But now the peace of mind has returned and this bike is rolling on some new rubber with 30 psi instead of 58 like before. Now it looks like a real mountain bike again. Yay! Mission complete. :D

dsc01044rm.jpg

dsc01041a.jpg

great, mtb tyres on an mtb!

i love that paintwork, you know that there will no other exactly like it by vitue of painting methods in the factory!

i don't think we had this paint finish on sale in the uk , at that time.

nice to see it, thankyou :cool:

@marc two tone: Thanks for your nice words mate. Actually i bought this frame from Philleeds. He's from Watlington. So one or two of this thingies must must have been available in the UK at some point, too.

I know it's a shame to look at a mountain bike with some road tyres fitted.
And i'm happy that these dark times lie behind my unworthy soul. :)
But the real reason for the new tyres was this:
dsc01059zo.jpg

Took the Muirwoods for a quick spin this morning to see how the Bontrager XR feel. They got a nice sound on tarmac and all the joints in my body feel a lot better at the lower tyre pressure.
Some slighty better phone pics than before for your viewing pleasure:
dsc01053mub.jpg

dsc01051pt.jpg

I'm gonna pick up one of these tomorrow. I'm really excited to see how much the neon coating has suffered. Not too much, I hope.

Latest posts

Back