Another On-One - this time Carbon 456!

Yeah, they are really draggy, although I think of it as resistance training...

Think the spring/summer tyres will be going on next week so will let you know how much difference there is...

I seem to have ordered this frame :shock: Well at £299 for the LTD edition it seemed rude not to :D .

What steerer length do you have on the RC-41s and what headset are you using? I'm currently confusing myself silly about what headsets will fit this frame for a non tapered 1 1/8" steerer.

DS

Hi,
running a Smoothie Mixer at the moment but as far as I'm aware the only other option is the Hope - Personally I'd prob go for Hope if I were to do it again - have heard reports about the mixer working loose repeatedly - mines done it twice so far.

Whereabouts in Devon are you? I'm originally from Ashburton.. I'm back over in a fortnight.

My steerer is about 195-200 I think but I've run the RC40's on 175mm steerer - wouldn't go any shorter than that though I don't think.

Yeah, I've seen a few reports about the On-One Smoothie, so I guess it will be a Hope Pic 'n Mix job. Just need to decide on forks now, unfortunately I've a limited budget (as in I wasn't planing on a new bike at all, but the frame seemed too good to miss at the price), and no knowledge of anything newer than my RC-35s :oops:. I'm looking at some used RC-41s but they have a 170mm steerer so I'll need to do some working out.

I'm in Plymouth by the way.

I'm not in a major rush, I guess I'll be building in stages anyway, but as soon as the better too! PM me with price details and I'll probably take first dibs if that's OK.

New wheels went on this week along with the normal tyres - 2.25 NN up front and 2.4 RR rear - saved over 1.5lbs on the front wheel weight alone! Going to weigh it over the weekend but from the ride on Weds night it absolutley flies! The gold rims really finish it off - looks much better than it sounds.

Will update pics over the weekend.

Back