Orange Prestige - Ginger step kid build :)

poweredbypies

Old School Grand Master
Feedback
View
Righty ho this im first ever full build from bare frame up. As some of you may know I have a thing for stx-rc so thats what the main bulk of bits are going to be on this build. Starting with a frame that I got off oldschoolbabe I now have an Orange Prestige think its a '92. Really needs re-coating but thats coming later. Bit impatient to get riding so some bits are to be changed as and when funds/availability allow. Bits I have or are coming as follows. Thanks to all that have helped will name drop if I can remember who sent what :LOL:

Frame - Orange Prestige - OldSchoolBabe
Forks - Orange F9's - NorthernDave
Stem - either a polished zoom or a black ally uno - OSB, Stumpjumper1990
Bars - Exotic Flat bars - Charlieboy ages ago
Brakes - Magura HS11's - Found on an giant
Shifters - STX-RC mc40 - Found on a giant
Headset - STX mc30 NOS - ebay
F/mech - STX mc32 - WhatleyMiester
Chainset - STX-RC mc40 - UncleGifs
R/mech STX-RC mc38 - SimonF
Chain - Gusset - ebay
Wheels - Rigida rims, dt stainless spokes, No name 8sp hubs(nice tho) - Found on a giant.
Tyres - Michelin wild grippers amberwall - Found on a giant, like new bit discoloured but still hairy
Seatpost - easton ea50 - Stumpjumper1990
Saddle - Selle Royal Duo - Found on a giant.
Bottom Bracket - £4 spesh - CRC
Pedals - Tioga Surefoot 6's - LeGrandeFromage

Things in red are things that are tempory until the right bit comes along.

Photo-0026.jpg

Photo-0025.jpg

Photo-0024.jpg

Photo-0023.jpg

Photo-0022.jpg

Photo-0021.jpg

Photo-0020.jpg

Photo-0019.jpg

Sorry about the quality of pic done on my crappy phone.

As you can see waiting on the forks and post then I can get riding it :D Going to get the frame recoated next month hopefully. Undecided as to what colour tho. Have been toying with the idea of having it done bright yellow and making a lemOn. Have the graphics done in that name but with the O as an orange badge. Or purple, silver or satin/matt black.

NAILTRAIL96":nn2flmsa said:
Liking the black and silver maguras.

They are bottom of the range hs11's. Got them for nothing really along with a few other bits of a Giant Terrago. Got it off a mobile scrapman for a tenner. It was like new so I robbed the good parts off it replaced with some other bits I had and flogged it for £30 :D . They took a bit to set up but think i will still have to adjust them when they bed in.

Well it's all here and fully built up and I think im a little bit in love with it. Only thing is as I will be using it all the time the big ring is gonna chew up my jeans, need to get a bash ring :)

Just get some footie socks and tuck your trousers in (also helps in making you look like an Edwardian gentleman cyclist, I find).

Orange is looking good though and nice to see a bit of STX about. There was always plenty about BITD. What colour you going for, or have you said that and I'm asking a stupid question? It's possible. :)

Really struggling to decide what colour to have it done. Might just wait and see if the coaters have any samples to have a look at first then decide.

Back