Show me your single speeds!

:roll: I don't know, all i wanted was reassurance that the monstrous creation I had cobbled together wasn't the only foul heap of junk on here. Guys, there are some seriously nice looking bikes on here :cool:
Took Frankenshite out for a quick blast on Sat morn and its ace! Feels nuke proof, like some big BMX on steroids. Couple of the lads have tried it out and came back with big grins. Its a proper horrid old clunker :LOL:

0frankn.jpg

Check out the stoopidly wide bars and mis-matching ano! I'm lovin it!

Bear-Chan":1py1c5mv said:
my old faithful :D

gt1.jpg

Was this in the running for botm once? I think I might have voted for it. Very nice. What are those pedals?

The pedals look like Odyssey Shark Bites, but may be some other manufaturer. I've got the scars around my knee cap to prove it :twisted:

sorry for the slow reply!
the pedals are old primo bmx race pedals. ive had em on several different bikes and keep coming back to them. i dont think they were around for long (maybe 97ish?) theyre cnc'd with sealed bearings and cost about 50/60 quid i think, back then. they look a lot like these hutch ones:
http://www.80skid.com/images/HUTCHPedalsTitanium1.jpg
hth!
BC

ps - thanks for the botm vote - that must have been a long while ago! :D

Some nice bikes on this thread. I do like that Dekerf. There was one on STW about a year ago, really nice. Anyway heres mine.....again ;)
2249053562_e6124b3e94_b.jpg

Yep, some really nice single speeds here - I especially like the look of that Kilauea !

Anyway, most of them make my old Explosif look like a heap of cr*p (but then, maybe it is.... :oops: )

Here's my Single Speed. Finished building over a month ago. Mongoose Rockadile Frame (2001) and bits I had sitting around. Great fun off road!

Attachments

• Single Speed.jpg
    Single Speed.jpg
    51 KB · Views: 3,133
There's some amazing looking bikes here but here comes the obligatory dumb ass question:

Can someone please explain the SS concept in a nutshell....like why..??

I've seen them around for years and always wondered why people build them....put me out of my misery please... :?

Back