1991 GT Zaskar

Nice bike. I have a 91 and a 97. I've always wanted those forks too, plus they match the bike better than rock shox as far as color and the crown/build. They really compliment a Zaskar. Good find!

Since you have such a tall frame, if you want to keep the cables from rubbing the finish too much, apply a piece of aluminum duct tape to the area. If it wears, just replace the tape. It's aluminum tape so it blends with the frame.

Attachments

• tape.jpg
    tape.jpg
    57.2 KB · Views: 695
Zas-Kar - that's a fantastic tip re the aluminium duct tape! I've currently got some Pace carbon fibre effect patches doing this job, but patches aren't attractive and so I was wondering how to protect my frame more discreetly once it's shiny again.

Nice one, problem solved! :cool:

Tired Joseph said:
Zas-Kar - that's a fantastic tip re the aluminium duct tape! I've currently got some Pace carbon fibre effect patches doing this job, but patches aren't attractive and so I was wondering how to protect my frame more discreetly once it's shiny again.

Nice one, problem solved! :cool:

I hope it works out for you. I love that tape. You can polish it too.

Nice project! :) However, I would opt for cantilever brakes in the front and get some XT (PD-M730/731/735) pedals.

great job!....more carachter than you could shake a stick at!......you will get some stick over the tyres and saddle perhaps, but i say it looks great....i have skinny slicks on lots of my bikes, it makes them more useable in the real world, and its a 10 minute job to put 'proper' tyres on when you need them......now go and ride it as much as you can!... :D

who says I bow to public pressure.... ?

A bit of black permanent marker on the worn leather areas and the '91 Flight has gone back on :LOL:

2012-03-20085336.jpg

2012-03-20085350.jpg

got my eye on these tyres, since I plan to do most riding on the road. Those slicks look terrible I agree.

unnamed.jpg

these seem to offer a bit of both worlds.

Still waiting for elastomers from US so bike is unrideable at the moment which is a shame !

Back