1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X

I was always going to stick with the white and black paint scheme as its the one I always remember seeing and remember drooling over, anything else wouldn't be a D.O.G.S B.O.L.X to me...

Giom6":2gfv5k47 said:
I was always going to stick with the white and black paint scheme as its the one I always remember seeing and remember drooling over, anything else wouldn't be a D.O.G.S B.O.L.X to me...

It will still ride the same what ever the colour though ;)

A better man than me once said....

..." The paint Job is just a veneer ".

Personally I prefer the red rear triangle. Still the ONLY bike I regret selling!

e4dbb011.jpg

JustKev said:
Personally I prefer the red rear triangle. Still the ONLY bike I regret selling!

I can believe it too. I wouldnt part with mine.

Nearly posted the other day that I was pleased to see a non black white DB, then read you were planning on re-spraying it. Black & white is as has been said a little too common. I thought about it for mine, like every owner must do but decided the quality of the paint job on mine was a world beyond what any one would be capable of, or would be cost effective to replace. As such I decided to keep it as is, and it has grown on me more and more.

JeRkY":35pjuv2g said:
Nearly posted the other day that I was pleased to see a non black white DB, then read you were planning on re-spraying it. Black & white is as has been said a little too common. I thought about it for mine, like every owner must do but decided the quality of the paint job on mine was a world beyond what any one would be capable of, or would be cost effective to replace. As such I decided to keep it as is, and it has grown on me more and more.

I am in the same boat with one of mine at the moment, the paint is as new and yet i have toyed with having it refinished, im still battling with it, even now.

But the original paint is exceptional.

:?

I think its all about personal preference and if the current paint work was immaculate I think it would have definitely been a harder decision, but as its not then I might as well have it the way I want it!

Maybe I'll change my mind by the time I'm actually ready to get it done!!

Giom6":1o7i66ov said:
I think its all about personal preference and if the current paint work was immaculate I think it would have definitely been a harder decision, but as its not then I might as well have it the way I want it!

I was in a similar situation when I thought mine might have been an SE model. It was quite a relief to find out it wasn't, and so I am free to change the colours.

Back