BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
BoTY Winner
Orange 🍊 Fan
Feedback
View
Ahh yes, the beasty bike.

Frame No. 8

After a short visit to mothers today with the obligatory flowers, card, plonk & a bag of chips i found I had a few hours to myself so I dug out an old frame I'd hidden away at my other place.
Last time it'd been built up with Deore dx, xt and pace forks..... but it just didnt look right so I stripped it down and sold the parts off. It had been an abandoned project ever since gathering dust above my lodgers heads ..... they never knew there was a beast in the attic :LOL:

Anyways this time I have dressed it up with some luvly Deore LX........... Yes! Deore LX, I know its only middle-of-the-road gear but it is a bloody good looking groupset and it was lighter than the same years XT groupset Plus ......... I like it :)

Forks too were changed from the awful looking Pace RC35's to some marzocchi XC's I took in PX a few months ago..... and they suit it much better. The headset is a woodman that makes me able to fit the 1-1/8 steerer to the 1-1/4 headtubeand all topped off with a very pretty Titec stem. Wheels are nice LX (non parralax) laced to araya silver CV7 with Onza tyres that have been gathering dust for donkeys years and before anyone mentions it yes - one presta one shrader valve innertube - its all I had kicking around! , Saddle is a comfy Turbo, had one on my first trek 8700 pro and it was pesh so on it goes to the only seatpin that'd fit :oops: Anyways............. still a bit of fettling to go with getting onto the top ring (need a shorter BB) but it rides great on 14 gears for the moment. Shouldnt need to change the rear elastomers /rubbers for a while tho as theyre still as brill as the day those german nuts built it ;)

RBG

DSCF6147.jpg

DSCF6144.jpg

DSCF6145.jpg

DSCF6143.jpg

very unique!!!

any pics of the front mech & how it attaches onto the frame? I have an idea of what they may have done buti'm hoping for something bonkers instead!

Not normally a fan of carbon creations but this one is so ecclectic and cool :D :cool: How many Millimeters of rear travel does it have :LOL: ;)

kermitgreenkona88":2ej956dq said:
Not normally a fan of carbon creations but this one is so ecclectic and cool :D :cool: How many Millimeters of rear travel does it have :LOL: ;)

Do you mean actual travel or flex? ;)

That frame looks amazing though. I would love something like it.

Never seen one before. That's a lot of carbon! I would be wary in strong crosswinds... Props for keeping the unusual alive.

DSC00063.jpg

Actually front mech fits just like on the alpinestars

Travels about 1-2" I think, may have to video it to see how much tho, kinda feels like my proflex 750 sorta movement

Now thats my kinda Beasty :cool:

Danson67 on here has a very similar kind of frame, will see if i can dig through my pm's to get the name.

Edit......bu**er looks like i've deleted the Pm :x

Back