DT swiss 15mm bolt through question.....

I've got a set of DT Swiss XMM 140's with 15mm bolt through and can confirm those funny washer things are fixed in mine. Superb forks btw :cool:

Makster.... When the BR chaps were getting over excited about Canyon I knew there must be a catch :roll: With £2500 burning a hole in your pocket get a Orange 5. ;)

email sent to canyon - i'm hoping i can just send the forks to madison or pace to get them fixed under DT swiss warranty.....

brocklanders023":8ov0i7y5 said:
Makster.... When the BR chaps were getting over excited about Canyon I knew there must be a catch :roll: With £2500 burning a hole in your pocket get a Orange 5. ;)

Everyone I know who has a 5 raves about them, but I just dont like the look of them (saying that, I think pretty much the same about every full sus!).
Trying a Santa Cruz Superlight tomorrow

skinheadjc":3cb2nwr1 said:
email sent to canyon - i'm hoping i can just send the forks to madison or pace to get them fixed under DT swiss warranty.....

Just put a drop of Loctite on them and ride the thing - that's all anyone else will do anyway. I wouldn't get too hung up on all this warranty stuff, it's not as if you're modifying anything.

Just put a drop of Loctite on them and ride the thing - that's all anyone else will do anyway. I wouldn't get too hung up on all this warranty stuff, it's not as if you're modifying anything.

Pretty sure that glueing bits of the fork on would be classed as modifing under the warranty and would void it - are you telling me that that most people after spending £500 on a set of forks would rather glue bits back on themselves that take it back? :D
Somehow i dont think so. :LOL:
I have a 6 year warrenty on the forks, they are two weeks old, they are going back.

skinheadjc":21zhl7er said:

Pretty sure that glueing bits of the fork on would be classed as modifing under the warranty and would void it - are you telling me that that most people after spending £500 on a set of forks would rather glue bits back on themselves that take it back? :D
Somehow i dont think so. :LOL:
I have a 6 year warrenty on the forks, they are two weeks old, they are going back.

I would when it's something as straightforward as that - but then, I'm an engineer..... ;)

got a reponse from canyon today

Many thanks for your e-mail.

There is no reason to bond these parts in as they are held in place by the axle.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Sincerely,

- Canyon UK

so i phoned them, explained it over the phone and got a definate ' no that doesn't sound right...' - i've had to email them again with another photo though (as the original didnt get forwarded from germany i'm guessing).....

Will hear tomorrow what they think.

I've also emailed and phoned Pace.

A couple of phone calls and emails later, and they are going to Pace (tomorrow) for repair under warrenty.

The guys at Canyon Uk have been very helpful, as soon as they understood what's happened they've sorted organising the repair and are paying for postage etc.

If all goes well i hopeing to be riding again in a week or so.......

Back