Muddy Fox Titanium - updated

porschenut911

Retro Guru
1996 ish Muddyfox Titanium. Not really a true retro build but I used some nice old retro parts I had spare. It rides nice enough on the road which is what I want it for, I peeled all the decal off the frame and forks, I like the minimalist look. I have a black big chainring, black alloy chainring bolts coming and a load of titanium bolts. Next up is my hardly used mint Pace RC300 thats been in the loft for 8 years :roll:

19" MuddyFox Titanium Frame
Pace RC31 forks
Ringle Zooka 120mm stem with ti bolts
Unbranded titanium flat handlebars
Chris King headset
Flite Titanium (what else?)
No name seatpost (I had a black Thomson on it but prefer the layback and look of the no name post!)
Deore XT M737/8/9 Mechs, shifters, V brakes and levers.
XTR 8 speed titanium cassette
Middleburn RS2 cranks with Pace/Middleburn rings, UN72 XT BB
Hope /Mavic 517 wheelset with titanium skewers and titanium freehub

wheels016.jpg

wheels015.jpg

wheels017.jpg

IMO you should put the frame logo's back on. A classic MF and a rare one to.

That looks the business. :cool: I agree about the decals - always nice to see a smart looking bike with Muddy Fox written on it.

It weighs 21.5lbs; pretty hefty UN72 BB, DMR magV12 pedals and steel bead tyres don't help it much I guess but want reliability foremost!

I peeled the decals off as Muddyfox seem a bit naff to me, I can remember the late 80`s heyday courier comp etc but nowadays they just make budget bikes I think? I might put the paw print back on the headtube though.

archemist":2jvaoaez said:
As Carl says a true icon of the day and it is dreadful that MF's are basically ignored because of their (much) later and ersatz (tesco) offerings.

;)

:cool:'fox

I love the decals on my steel MF of about the same age.

A little garish but who can dislike a glittery pink decal!

IMGP2168.jpg

Photo doesn't do them any justice :LOL:

Nice to be quoted :cool:

I would agree with the sentiments put forward here about the decals.

Anyone worth talking to would see the bike for what it is and not even think of it in the same breath as the Tescos type BSO's they churn out today.

Also the name has changed so I'm not sure that Universal even own the original 'Muddy Fox' trademark as they use 'Muddyfox'. So to me they are totally different.

Carl.

Well I went on ebay to look at what decals are out there and it seems Sports Direct are selling Muddy Fox bikes and clothing in a big way so perhaps they own them now like they do Karrimor, another once great brand - I didn't realise Sports Direct owned Karrimor and have reduced the quality to zero until I bought two pairs of workboots from them and the soles have both fallen apart in a couple of weeks.

Anyway on that note it'll probably be remaing decal-less :LOL:
I peeled all the decals off my Pace RC300 when I bought it brand new the day I got it so it's not just because it's a Muddy Fox ;)

Back