a classic bike for everyday! marin pine mountain is finished

a short drive around the lake to fetch sunday bread ;) :LOL:

mpm58.jpg

mpm59.jpg

mpm60.jpg

nice weekend!

I'm not joking when I say that I think this is the best looking bike that I have seen on RB.....

You can keep your Klein's, your Overbury's and your Trimble's.... this one has understated class. Doesn't need to shout about how light it is, how stiff it is, or how loud its paint is. It just does what it's supposed to do, elegantly and discretely!

I also ran P2's on my old Marin when I swapped to AHead. They worked so well. They seem to suit the tubing and design, and handle lovely

I had sort of gone off Marin's a little lately, what with the glut of Bear Valley's that have been released, but this has done it for me again... Thankyou

G

unkleGsif":3b4y5rl9 said:
I'm not joking when I say that I think this is the best looking bike that I have seen on RB.....
thanks for those words! Well that's a matter of taste! ;)

I would say the Marins are not show bikes but something to ride. The good thing is, that they are also very nice bikes.
I think with this Marin I have both, something to show and what to drive. :D (and it weighs under 9,7kg ;))

A trip with Marin after a long time (the weather here in the north is currently very crappy :x, but a few days ago it was Summer pure)

mpm62.jpg

mpm63.jpg

mpm64.jpg

mpm65.jpg

mpm66.jpg

mpm61.jpg

Fantastic!! :cool: :cool: :cool:

I had a '96 Marin Pine from new, and I still maintain the Pine Mountain £ for lb was/is the best riding and handling bike available. I've not seen anything at that price point since to prove me wrong.

And the best thing about steel Marins? The snobs that choose not to own one will never have the pleasure of chucking one down singletrack and forests. ;)

Love Marins me. :D

al.

Very smart and very nice photography skills, not so keen on the B&W or the one with graphics... That's probably just me though

The bike looks absolutely ace and the colour pics are well composed and very crisp looking

Bravo

Back