Presta valve on a mountain bike tyre

KDM

Senior Retro Guru
This will enivitably fill some with "he doesn't know that?" momments but it's the first time for me.

Bought a new on one inbred single speed and the shop forgot to send the tubes, how I do not know but they did. Although they did include the panaracer xc 2.1s, so at least they managed most of the bike.

So without looking I went to the shops to get two tubes got home and the reetard wheels appear to be a presta rather than a schreader. That will teach me not to look at the holes.

Can anyone reccomend a tube that is presta valved for a 2.1 tyre ?

As I said it will sound simple to those in the know but this is the first time I've experienced this :oops:

Aye its no problem, we were all there once.

Head over to crc and see what they have.

Unless you were looking for specific recommendations in which case i dont use presta but often, a tube is a tube is a tube as long as its not the dirt cheap ones.

I normally buy kenda ones from ebay as theyre cheap (but branded). I dont like fixing tubes and at one stage was getting lots of pinches which couldnt be foxed so new tube each time is somewhat better for me.

Bulk buy is an option.

Thanks for the reply cyfa2809.

My biggest concern is are there presta valve inners for a 2.1 or are they normal say 700 presta that allows exspansion for a 2.1 mtb tire?

such a simple thing that you experience once then never forget.

The only difference is the valve, you buy them as you would Schrader valved tubes - so just get one with the same dimensions as your Schrader tubes.

dvatcmark":3b43zmbn said:
You could just drill out the hole in your rim to fit the schrader valve,

.... be aware that some rims can be too narrow for that.

Back