Mongoose IBOC pro sx - first post - first build

jonnymcenroe":5g0c1xun said:
Gruff are they Avid SD levers? Which ones?

They are Avid SD2.0 and i polished the bodies as the laquer was peeling off.......cost my £8 at a bike jumble :)

Gruff":3pooczp8 said:
jonnymcenroe":3pooczp8 said:

They are Avid SD2.0 and i polished the bodies as the laquer was peeling off.......cost my £8 at a bike jumble :)

American or far east?
(i ask as they look smaller than mine ;) )

jonnymcenroe":2yw0472h said:
Picked up these carbon Manitous last year they go well and keep the weight down..

Can't imagine how light the carbon bikes are as the bonded alloy isn't heavy.

(PS i think there's a reddy/orange pair of Mars CL carbons in the 98> sale section ;) almost identical to your frame)

*edit : they are here, i think i saw another set recently too, would match your frame so well! however you have nice Z2s so maybe not ;)
http://www.retrobike.co.uk/forum/viewto ... light=mars

I saw this Mars. Couple years I had Mars CL and Mars Elite, they are awesome, I loved them. Building this project I wished to join high class selected parts. Frame, crank, and fork, which built Marzocchi legend. Choosing the Z2 was obvious in that criteria.

I'm still looking for same sophisticated silver handlebar, stem and seatpost...

jonnymcenroe":2mukqyt6 said:
Gruff":2mukqyt6 said:
jonnymcenroe":2mukqyt6 said:

American or far east?
(i ask as they look smaller than mine ;) )

Far East ones ;)

I've just received screws and here is a crank:

corba.jpg

IBOC

To Chrzanek: I would lie to ask you where did you buy this frame?

Because somebody stole me my Mongoose Iboc (same colour, same type) couple years ago from my garage in Czech Rep. so it seems that maybe I finally find my Mongoose. It was original Iboc with unique AMP system!!!, shimano XT and Mavic Sup.
At that time I also lost 2 normal bikes (dancelli with unque - profile tubes - frame and de rosa frame, both on campagnolo c record. and one unique Mongoose mountain bike). I was semi pro rider at that time. Btw in czech republic were only 2 same Mongoose bikes and I was owner of one of them.
Im not saying that you stole my bike but I think that after couple of years somebody finaly sold my Mongoose on market...

When I will be back at my hope I hope that I will find couple of pictures of my mongoose...

Hi Waclaw. It is nice to see you here.

The frame was checked and it came proven source. PM me for details.

Next photos at Sunday. I'm still waiting for wheels, they will be ready really soon :)

Back