England vs. Sweden

kingroon

Retrobike Rider
BoTM Winner
Gold Trader
98+ BoTM Winner
Feedback
View
Got up at 3.30am this morning to grab a Maxi Taxi into Sydney City with some mates for the game against Sweden.. Saw it at the iMax Theatre, Darling Harbour, awesome screen.. Crouch was about 11' 8".. :LOL:

Shame about the lack of victory, but good to get the point..

Where did y'all watch it? I guess it was a late game? 7pm BST? Perfect pub time..

8pm - I was in the pub for the weekly pub quiz, but it was a low turnout because of the footy - everyone was at the other end of the pub glued to the screen.

Home. Pub planned but had been tucked up with a 5am start the following day :cry:

Much interest in Oz for the World Cup?

If there's a Sportijng Tournament on, and Australia are in it, nothing is more important.. :shock:

The front cover of the Sydney Morning Herald is awash with Green and Yellow.. Well, Red, White and Blue really, but you know what I mean.. It's all right here..

http://www.smh.com.au/news/aussie-update/glory-beckons/2006/06/21/1150845244358.html

It becomes quite intoxicating..

As for us Poms, [and I'll try putting the chip on my shoulder down for a moment] we can do no right by the Aussie commentators. Didn't win, we're crap. Win and we didn't win convincingly enough.

I think the Aussies celebrated their game against Brazil, even though they lost, because they thought they shoulda won! :p

Sorry Kingroon bout the Aussie World Cup Team !! Was hoping they would continue to kick arse !! Nice to see a good team appear from that part of the globe !!!

Latest posts

Back