Rocky Mountain chain suck protector

FluffyChicken

Archivist
Retrobike Rider
Feedback
View
Has anyone got any pictures of the chainsuck protectors rocky mountain bolted to their frame circa 1993. I have a I think thick plastic strip where I guess has the protector bolted in to it.

I'm also guessing I'll need to make/have it made and they are not an off the shelf model ?

Plastic strip circled on the chainstay.
img_1122_165_682.jpg

I assume it's the same, do you still have that frame and could grab a better picture.

Looks like a sheet of Alu just roughly chopped out.

FluffyChicken":2pq19gar said:
I assume it's the same, do you still have that frame and could grab a better picture.

Looks like a sheet of Alu just roughly chopped out.

It was exactly that.

A thick flat alloy plate with 3 steps cut into it, they did the job though. I had one on my Altitude.

al. :D

Excellent :)
That a 1996 Altitude

ben, Yep was told about them a while ago, $7 from them but then there is shipping on top. That's low down the list.

FMJ":ty1ln5av said:
Today is your lucky day. Picked up an Altitude frame this afternoon.

b11db558.jpg

you cannot go wrong with fmj help :D
dose the plate screw straight into the stay,like a bottle cage bolt ? and is there ever any trouble with stay cracking ?

I've just noticed these are both 2-bolt one's, mine seems to have three holes (you cannot see the 3rd but you can in this picture.
I'll have a feel around once cleaned out for threads.
I would also need it profiled for 110BCD rings, I know Ringles came in the various profiles for the different ring

P1050454.JPG

Back