DT swiss 15mm bolt through question.....

skinheadjc

Retro Guru
so when i first got my new bike the two brass? washers/ dropouts that the bolt through axle goes through were in the bottom of the bike box (not on the fork) so i thought this was normal... However its difficult to tighten the axle as they both 'spin' in the fork legs - does anyone with dt swiss experience know if they are meant to be bonded in or should they spin freely like this?

DSC_0030-1.jpg

the manual just says stick the axle in and tighten to 15nm.....

I'm thinking the worse and that they havent been bonded in properly, the fork will have to go back to Canyon for warranty....

There doesnt look to be much glue on them? Or is there?

The half rounded bits, wouldnt they sit in something?

Or try them in the other way?

The half rounded help you put the wheel in, holding it in place. There is what looks like the tiniest dab of glue on the threaded one....

Yeah i see now.

Probably have to agree with you there.

Maybe get some araldite or something on it if you wanted a faster fix.

skinheadjc":zgv1mbiz said:
If it were 2 year old I would, but its only 2 weeks old and any araldite will void the warranty.

My thoughts exactly, but you must be itching to ride it!

Back it goes. Call them first.

been out on it 2/3 times already and its a great bike....
DSC_0008-1.jpg

But its been nagging me since i got it - the way that they were loose in the bike box, and i just cant get it tight... so i reread the maual and stuck it back on the work stand, had to use rubber ended plyers to hold the screw in one so that i could undo the axle.....

not goood - back to germany it'll go - just hope that they only need the fork and not the entire bike....

Another example of the legendary German build quality :roll:
I waited nearly 3 months for my Canyon to arrive (delivery was shown as 2 weeks, until I actually placed the order!) and when it did the brakes didn't work!
Either the bike had never been built up completely and tested, or the chap who built it thought it acceptable to send it it with brakes that didn't work.
They didn't seem too shocked when I contacted them about it, which completely killed any confidence I had in the bike. I kept wondering where else they'd cut corners, which isn't good when you've spent £2500!
I sent mine back and I'm getting a refund.

Fantastic spec bikes for the money, but Canyon as a company are shocking!!

tbh i've only heard good things of Canyon's customer service - badly bled brakes is some thing i've had from many a local bike shop. The only down side with caynon is sending it back to germany, although as its the forks with mine i may be able to send them to pace or madison for warrenty.

If they assembled their bikes properly in the first place then they wouldn't need to be so good with their customer service.
The question I would be asking is what else hasn't been put together correctly, and how fast will you be going when you find out what it is?
They seem to be a victim of their own success and cant churn the bikes out quick enough.
That's when mistakes are made though!

Back