DBR Axis Team Titanium

Beautiful bike Kev
Most of my racing life was spent on a DB, either an Apex or a Response Elite, so I can relate to your comments. They really are race bread machines.
Lovely build, I am very jealous! :LOL:

Thanks for all your kind words guys.

Have to say the wait was well worth it. First ride at Chicksands yesterday lunchtime (albeit shorter than planned) was great. The bike handled exactly how I remembered it, super crisp handling was really inspiring in the sweeping singletrack and the combination of the position and weight had me riding up hills one or two gears higher than on my other bikes. Not one to jump though - DBR's have a tendancy to nose dive, and I need to sort the brakes as they hurt Rekiborters ears!

Can't wait to ride it at Afan next weekend.

Thanks also to those who helped with parts - can't remember you all but Slimjoe, Gil and Ben.

MadCowKev":1x6dnvpw said:
Not one to jump though - DBR's have a tendancy to nose dive

:LOL:
It was my Apex that nose dived after clearing the doubles at my old BMX track......and smashed my collar bone and shoulder!

So yea, dont jump it Kev ;)

Nice. Very nice. An Axis TT is the one bike I must have! I'll have to get shot of the Fat to make room though if I ever find one.

Hi Kev,
That's a great looking bike. I'm glad you put those crossrides to good use....I think they would have been a bit wasted on my build :D
Hope to get to see it a a couple of rides or events this year. :D

I thought that when i first saw Kevs build taking shape..

Mind you by the time i finish my build Kev will be on his next project ...

Very cool mr madcow, very :cool: indeed

Hilts":13mjpy81 said:
Mind you by the time i finish my build Kev will be on his next project ..

hmmm - my "next project" is a big one compared to my others so far. I don't anticipate finishing it before next winter though :shock:

Looking forward to seeing your Lemond Hilts.

Thanks again for kind words guys.

Back