1991 Chas Roberts D.O.G.S. B.O.L.X

ill have the red brake bolts things if ya dont want them....they would match the xlite bar end bungs i have.

Giom6":2m21b48h said:
NeilM":2m21b48h said:
Mmmm comfy looking saddle ;)

If your frame is anything like mine, the first digit of the number is missing.

I did a bit of scraping, and soon revealed the missing digit, a 9. I could then tell mine was made in 92.

Looking forward to getting my own build underway, but I'll be watching this one closely, so that I can nick any good ideas and claim them as my own :twisted:

May be that's the missing digit, it would make sense. I don't think the frame could be a 2001 as the seller said he bought it second hand in 98!

And the missing number is....

9 :D

Wicked, thanks Adrian! Mystery solved.

That's a bit of a relief as I had a bad feeling it was going to be a later model.

So the frame was made in March 1991. Excellent!!

When did the first DB1 come out?

Tc":28n2u7uk said:
Am I the only one that loves the red/yellow paintwork?

I quite like the red/yellow too, much less common than the white/black. I was going to return mine to the proper white/black but now like the fact that it stands out with the red at the back.

andrewl":so3uscfn said:
Tc":so3uscfn said:
Am I the only one that loves the red/yellow paintwork?

I quite like the red/yellow too, much less common than the white/black. I was going to return mine to the proper white/black but now like the fact that it stands out with the red at the back.

common ... COMMON!?!? :shock:

I agree,

black & white is common,

I peronally would go for a nice bolx 'SE' type paint job, metallic silver with metallic blue or white with metallic green stays :cool:

Back