2007 Orange Clockwork. Update, 07/12/16.

brocklanders023

Retrobike Rider
Gold Trader
Feedback
View
I had one of these frames a few years ago but never built it up so sold it and have kicked myself ever since. Recently my retro juice's have been running dry due to having owned all the bikes I wanted that I could afford or not having the funds for something really special. I'd also found that I hardly ever rode retro anymore and always seemed to grab the 5 so it was time for a change of direction and decided I needed some modern hard tail in my life.

Simple choice really as I decided it had to be a totally different beast compared to the 5 (or I'd still just use that :oops: ) so short travel was the order of the day. Add to this that the orange/white fade is my all time favourite paint job I found myself hunting for a 2007. Not as easy as you'd think as they were limited to 200 and most owners seem to love them but then, as if by magic, number 003/200 showed up on Gumtree. Better still it lived in Nottingham and I was due to go there to see family in the coming weeks. Pictures were not the best and the price was on the high side imo (and the seller refused to budge :evil: ) but I thought it'd be rude not to at least have a look whilst in town. A retro clearout took place to raise funds 'just in case' I decided to buy. One thing led to another and before long I was heading back up the A1 with a grubby but tidy bike. :D

Seller said it'd never been off road and I believe him as it's in great condition. Here's a few pictures of it as purchased, complete with 5 years worth of Nottingham commuter grime. It's clean now and some amber walled Charge splashbacks are due any day so I'll post up some better pictures soon.

I'm half thinking of chucking some Deore thumbies and DX mechs at it but we'll see. It's the basic S model so some parts will defo have to go. Won't be spending too much on retro for a while because this deserves some upgrades :D

Attachments

• Parts Sale. 039.jpg
    Parts Sale. 039.jpg
    85.7 KB · Views: 3,667
  • Parts Sale. 038.jpg
    Parts Sale. 038.jpg
    84 KB · Views: 3,667
It's partly your fault Jonny as you're one of the people that kept saying how well they rode! What forks are you running? They'll be one of the first changes and I'm thinking 120mm Floats or the like. Fancy some RC39's but they're getting on a bit and think I might want a little more travel. Am I right in thinking max length is 130? Don't want to mess up the geometry.

i run a reba world cup with a 100mm of travel which is what orange say the frame is designed for, however someone asked via facebook a while ago and Orange said 120mm was really the max they'd go to. at the end of the day it's an xc frame and not designed for longer forks, if you went more than 120 they'd say you should be on the p7.

:)

oh and sorry for spending your money for you! :oops: :LOL:

Even better now it's clean :D

Furthest I'll go will be 120mm Jonny but it'll depend what turns up. Happy with short travel as this is to be used for rides when the 5 is too much bike ;)

Little update for my Clockwork. It's lost the barends and gained a pair of Charge Splashbacks and a couple of cheeky blue Hope spacers. Much cleaner then it was but it will still soon be taken apart and cleaned bit by bit. :cool:

Next thing to go will be the forks. Options are DT's, Reba's or Fox. Will be second hand as I can't afford new. Not all that bothered which as long as they're white ;)

Fancy some wider Easton Haven bars for the 5 so the Clockwork will get the carbon Monkey Lite's. TBH, this will probably get most of the 5's old gear once big brother's grown out of it.

Off out on it tonight so will see what it tells me :D

Oh, and excuse the building site that's know as my back yard. It's a 'work in progress'. :oops:

Attachments

• 2007 Clockwork. 004.jpg
    2007 Clockwork. 004.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 3,545
  • 2007 Clockwork. 003.jpg
    2007 Clockwork. 003.jpg
    92.7 KB · Views: 3,545
  • 2007 Clockwork. 002.jpg
    2007 Clockwork. 002.jpg
    84.7 KB · Views: 3,545
  • 2007 Clockwork. 001.jpg
    2007 Clockwork. 001.jpg
    85.9 KB · Views: 3,545
clockwork

that's a nice bike!!!
here's one on ebay just now item number:220980808055
for sale in Edinbrugh. So tempted but must resist............... :facepalm: :cry:

Back