Surly Moonlander

Sweating loads recently as the weather warms up.....time to add extra fuel boosters :LOL:

f34d2483.jpg

cb89c1c5.jpg

2e4fe8b3.jpg

Saltyman, just wanted to say cheers for this thread and all the great pictures. Must have taken a while and it's been much enjoyed and appreciated, cheers!

im surprised people are interested in such bikes, but i have had some nice comments, thanks folks.

saltyman":104lrztz said:
im surprised people are interested in such bikes, but i have had some nice comments, thanks folks.

Somebody said it earlier - they evoke the go-anywhere, explorer spirit that is what made the bikes of Retro such an amazing invention, a tonic for the 'quarter second faster downhill at a trail centre' development of a lot of modern tat.

Just get out and ride :cool:

these bikes open up year round riding, and make you want to explore.

strange how i have only used this for the past 200 miles just around local cycle tracks along newcastles quayside, a far cry from the usual coastal riding my fatbikes do.

its been ideal, total comfort with the tires at 10psi across terrain i used to ride on the hybrid, perfect for my poorly wrist as it takes time to heal.

Just noticed you are from Newcastle, any chance you used the Pedestrian Tunnel last weekend (IIRC sat?)

I remember coming back from work, pushing the button for the lift on the southbound side and one of these big tyre things rolling out of the lift when the door opened.

I was riding my Boardman hardtail.

S-M":oskvf77g said:
Just noticed you are from Newcastle, any chance you used the Pedestrian Tunnel last weekend (IIRC sat?)

I remember coming back from work, pushing the button for the lift on the southbound side and one of these big tyre things rolling out of the lift when the door opened.

I was riding my Boardman hardtail.

yeah, was me, i go through there regulary, been through there the last 8 days in a row, including saturday and sunday just gone ;)

just checked my iphone app, cycle rides all logged and i was through the tunnel on the friday 23rd?

been through today and a good few times this month, but some rides are from walker, head west, over the scotswood bridge then back.

other times i head east, through the tunnel then back over millenium bridge......sometimes i do both loops together.

these are my local rides.

Back