1992 Specialized Rockhopper Comp

Other than my own thats the only one I have ever seen in this colour scheme.
Does it fit well with the post stuck or will you have to free it off?

Nice pictures! Are these taken in your 'home grounds'? Great place to ride...

chrisv40":2n0ektki said:

I could say the same :LOL:

chrisv40":2n0ektki said:
Does it fit well with the post stuck or will you have to free it off?

To be honest, it's too low. I'm still figuring out how to solve this problem. I will try some WD40. Maybe I have to take out the bracket, then turn the bike upside down and fill the seatpost with WD40 ... :?

Cheers,
Will

Rio":34bvaylr said:

Yep, home grounds... :cool: I think you've been there too during the retroride in January?

Cheers,
Will

I have exactly the same bike with the same colors EXCEPT that I'm pretty sure my bike is a 1991 Rockhopper Comp.
I bought the bike in 1992 but it was on sale because it was the last year's model.
Now I'm a bit confused if my bike is actually from 1992. Is there anyway how I can find out?

chrisv40":3bptm1fs said:

I have one just the same! Bought it brand new, my first mountainbike, and did lots of riding in the Grampians for a few years. I still use it as a utility bike, with Schwalbe Marathon tyres for the road and easy trails.

chrisv40":3ma886ic said:
Have either oif you any pics you can put up?

My bike frame is identical to the one on the photos in this thread. I'm pretty sure that Specialized only used that color once for its Rockhopper Comp model or at least not two years in a row and like I said, I was sure my Rockhopper is from 1991.

Back