1994 Litespeed Obed F/S

cnycl

Dirt Disciple
Hi,

I'm restoring a 1994 Litespeed Obed F/S and it's missing the seatpost. I measured with a caliper and come up with a strange 27.0mm seatpost diameter??
27.0 is a rare size and I can't confirm from litespeed catalogs since they don't list any size. 26.8 seatpost fits in OK but you can feel it's not snugfit however when clamped well it looks ok.
Anyone here who has any idea about the correct seatpost diameter?

Thanks.

I can't comment exactly, but my Litespeed Catalyst road frame from 94 also takes a 27.0. More likely than not they have the same 3/2.5 tubeset..

feetabix":m9n0vne1 said:
LQQK":m9n0vne1 said:
... and my 1990 Litespeed Mountain Bike has a 27 mm seat post too.

....and mine!.....pictures required too!.... :D

Taken a few years back, but still set up the same, except it now has flat Syncros bars.

main.php
[/img]

Hi again,

Thanks for all your replies and your absolutely right somehow I missed the seatpost data on the catalog.

I'll post photos as soon as my restoration improves a little. For now I just collected components (full xtr m900 set plus marzocchi xc500 purple forks) and disassembled the frame (bushes are gone probably I'll have new varilink bushes machined).

Regards,

Final photos of the bike in working condition and equipped with the highly overrated xtr m900 groupset.

Back